Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Procurement Operations Manager
Are currently Recruiting for a:
Procurement Operations Manager - Materials Management
Please note this is a very hands on position, managing a team of buyers and supervisors,
This role does involve implementing strategy but is very hands on when it comes to materials management, contract management and strategic sourcing.
This role is not working for the corporate procurement team but is heading up the entire operations team procurement for the site, This is a senior manager position.
Provide leadership in development of individuals within the direct, indirect and service procurement functions through coaching, goal setting and personal development initiatives.
Responsible for supplier delivery on time, inventory levels through the supply chain while supporting quality and cost (both cost up and down) to profit plan / balanced scorecard requirements. Manage Supplier Vis and consequent ASNs from suppliers. Maintains accurate supplier price lists and updates standard costs correctly in time with Financial planning.
Establish Supplier capacity planning model including constraint management in collaboration with the SIOP team
Responsible for cost out and delivery project initiation and time lines. Ability to lead projects from conception to completion (ex. Sourcing, Cost Out, Business Model Changes)
Responsible for the Management of ECN and MPS changes which affect the direct material in the supply chain, while working closely with Commodity Managers, Engineering, Operations, Supplier Quality and Supplier Development teams
Implement and execute projects related to the commodity strategy to support divisional cost, quality, delivery, supplier reduction, and sourcing goals. Drives savings expectations in line with profit plan and overall business objectives.
Work closely with Supplier Quality and Supplier Delivery team on improving the current supply base and developing new suppliers, as needed. Proven ability to supervise corrective actions and improvement activities within the supply base
Responsible for the general health of ERP Data (management of purchasing records in the ERP systems, action message management for purchase orders, lead times, min buy quantities,
Coordinate with Commodity Management and Material Planning for the establishment and implementation of pull production / stocking arrangements (Kanban/DLF) with suppliers including consignment internal and external to Eaton facilities eg VMI.
Maintain ERP (for example MFGPro) supplier parameters including Supplier Time Fences, MOQ, Min/Max levels, safety time, safety stock management (while aligning with the Material Planning team) in alignment with SIOP. Establish and maintain Plan for Every Part (PFEP).
Adhere to Eaton standard sourcing process and divisional operating procedures while supporting phase in of NPI and sourcing projects.
Develop and continuously improve standardized purchasing process / divisional operating procedures.
Develop positive ethical relationships with suppliers.
Manage supplier compliance and communications associated with Eaton Corporate initiatives (Ethics compliance, EHS requirements, etc.)
Ensures appropriate performance measure (Quality, Cost and Delivery) of supply base and feedback of results
• Supplier Schedule Delivery, OTD
• DOH / Raw Material Inventory Management
• Supplier Performance, DPPM
• Cost out: PPV, MPV, SAVMAT, ECO
• Supplier Lead Times
• Receiving: Supplier Delivery discrepancy management
Specialist Knowledge required for this position
Masters Level or Bachelors qualification in SCM, Business or related discipline/This is ideal we will accept candidates with a degree,
• Full knowledge and understanding of materials planning systems (MRP/ERP) requirements and order generation process logic (for example MFGPro)
• Thorough understanding of SCM operational concepts surrounding production planning, scheduling, purchasing, and inventory control.
• Multiple years of related professional and supervisory/Managerial experience
• Ability to lead cross-functional process improvement teams
• Procurement management experience preferred
• Manufacturing industry experience preferred
• Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills
• Strong ethics and professional presence required
• Minimum 5 years buying experience
• Strong interpersonal skills, ability to lead teams
• Solid negotiation skills
• Demonstrated project leadership success
• Results and detailed oriented
• Broad commodity or technical experience preferred
Hands on management experience essential
Experience of working in a manufacturing site essential
Experience of significant materials management buying experience essential
Strategic sourcing experience essential
experience of implementing a strategy
Additional Ideal but not essential experience required
· CIPS/APICS CPIM certified (or working towards it)
· Relevant experience in managing significant team and projects in a complex business environment
· Strong IT skills
· Ability to lead a team of buyers/material planners, provide direction and make decisions.
· Ability to develop and maintain critical relationships with supply base and cross-functionally within Eaton.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No