Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Eaton Power Systems Division, Line Installation and Protective Equipment (LIPE), is seeking an Application Engineer. The Application Engineer will be based at our Pewaukee, WI location.
The main focus of this role is to support the quotations group, customers, customer service and the sales force with best in class product application and technical assistance to achieve targeted growth objectives.
- Provides product application and technical assistance to quotations group, customers, customer service, and the sales force on a core group of products and/or markets.
- Creates and conducts sales force and customer training on new products and applications including preparing presentation materials and doing the presentation articulately.
- Represents marketing on cross functional teams including, for example, new product development.
- Develops an understanding of markets and customer’s operations and applications.
- Meets with customers at the factory or at the customer’s location to discuss product scope, product innovation and product issues.
- Maintains knowledge of competing products in the market and their comparison to Eaton’s offering.
- Supports PLM/PM on new product development with creation of catalog/installation instructions, cross reference materials, presentation materials, promotional literature and other documentation as needed.
- Conducts audits of bills of materials based on customer specified requirements and divisional capabilities.
- Recommends pricing and quotation response per customers RFQs including specification reviews with explanation of exceptions and cross references.
- Assists and participates in the execution of marketing and growth strategies for assigned products and markets.
- Maintains a team atmosphere to make sure the workload for the Proposals team is completed each day per customer required deadlines.
- Performs and participates in miscellaneous projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation is being offered for this role. All candidates considered must currently reside within a 50 mile radius of the Pewaukee, WI location.
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in electrical engineering or similar field (BSEET or BSME)
- Work experience in the industry at a utility or manufacturer
- Excellent oral, interpersonal and written skills with the ability to effectively communicate
- Must be able to effectively interface with engineering and customers on a variety of technical issues
- Very detail-oriented and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously with a high degree of accuracy
- Computer skills and ability to use Microsoft Office tools (or equivalent) to analyze and solve routine problems
- Ability to work in a team environment
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time