Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Reporting to the Satellite & Service Center Plant Manager, the Production Supervisor will ensure that production is managed in an efficient and safe manner, and will have interaction at all levels of the organization. This individual will provide coaching and direction to their team, while driving accountability in the business; ultimately supporting the organization to achieve its business level and strategic goals.
Essential Functions/Position Requirements:
- To serve as a role model in the areas of leadership, teamwork, customer focus, continuous improvement, safety and environmental stewardship to ensure alignment with Eaton Electrical values.
- Supervise shop floor employees to ensure customers' orders receive the correct priorities.
- Motivate and coach employees to maintain high levels of satisfaction, productivity and quality through effectively utilizing available rewards and recognition channels.
- Conduct regular Workplace meetings.
- Conduct daily PDCA meetings.
- Assist & develop cost improvement teams and drive team participation in ‘Find It/Fix It’ program.
- Provide backup for other Supervisors/Managers when necessary.
- Assist and participate in the annual performance review process for shop floor employees.
- Working with Site Managers, develop, schedule and plan capacity to ensure production plan is strongly supported.
- Adhere to departmental budgets.
- Support quality objectives and evaluate performance in conjunction with quality assurance.
- Drive activities to reduce, scrap, rework and overtime cost while meeting quality objectives.
- Provide input into forecast manpower planning and facility requirements.
- Develop and maintain process checks within department.
- Monitor performance and posting of monthly metrics.
- Lead Order Status review meetings.
- Perform all job functions with adherence to Eaton’s Philosophy and Values as well as the Environmental, Health and Safety standards.
- Provide assistance in identifying, evaluating, and resolving human relations and work performance problems within department to facilitate communication and improve employee human relation skills and work performance.
- Coordinate overtime as necessary in accordance with both site policy and legislative requirements.
- Responsible for managing time and attendance records including overtime and vacation.
- Comply with Eaton’s Ethical and Harassment Policies.
- Provide and/or participate in training as required.
- Comply with company rules, regulations and policies as stated in the Employee Handbook.
- Act as team player and participate in department and/or plant committees.
- Incumbent must maintain a demonstrated commitment to health and safety by actively participating in site’s Health and Safety Program. The following rules are established to assist in creating and maintaining a safe work environment.
- Adhere to ISO 14001 policies and procedures. Ensure compliance within your respective department(s).
- Achieving compliance with Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations made under the Act
- Participate in workplace inspections conducted by the JHSC as defined in company procedure Conduct monthly health and safety talks with employees during workplace meetings.
- Conduct and completion of accident/incident investigations as outlined in company procedure.
- Conduct job specific training for new/existing employees, transferring employees, supervisory personnel, and contractors (as applicable).
- Correcting sub-standard acts or conditions.
- Participate in team(s) or committee activities and ensure participation in team activities by hourly personnel.
- Hold employees and themselves accountable for safety compliance.
- Drive safety improvements in their department.
- Report any deficiencies in systems, facilities, machinery, equipment and/or tools immediately to your manager.
- Record and/or report product damage/nonconformities to your manager as required.
- Comply with EQS (Eaton Quality System) policies and procedures.
- Participate and contribute to continuous improvement (Eaton Lean System).
- Participate in the development of standard work and ensure compliance.
- Comply with ISO 9001 policies and procedures.
- Strive for EBE (Eaton Business Excellence).
- Support the strategic initiatives (strategic wheel/values/philosophies).
- Implement Lean manufacturing at a departmental level through the use of lean tools and philosophies.
- 2 year College diploma from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship
- Relocation is not approved for this position. Only candidates residing within an 80km radius of Mississauga, ON will be considered.
3 years of Supervisory experience
Knowledge of plant manufacturing processes
Strong computer skills
Strong leadership, interpersonal, and customer service skills
Strong organizational skills
Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and situations to achieve superior customer service
Experience in a fabrication/assembly environment (3 years).
Experience of Lean Manufacturing implementation and continuous improvement techniques (preferred).
Safety (OSHA, new hire orientation)
Quality (ISO9001 – 2015, NCR’s)
Problem solving skills
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No