Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Eaton’s Aerospace Division is seeking a talented Environmental, Health, and Safety Manager for the Eastanollee, GA facility.
Provides environmental, health, safety, and security leadership to the Site
Facilitates risk assessment at low/med risk site based on advance knowledge of regulatory requirements. Establishes and directs development and achievement of EHS objectives and targets. Maintains site certifications, ensures accurate and complete EHS reporting of metrics and closure of MESH and regulatory agency findings, manages intermediate communication with public/government authorities. Directs actions during crises. Facilitates risk assessment at site based on advance knowledge of regulatory requirements. Determines leading/lagging indicators to track performance. Supports creation of goals for the site manager and appropriate goals for leadership team, functional managers, and supervisors to drive EHS culture, compliance, and results. Works with leadership team and MESH element champions to complete annal evaluation of compliance for EHS country, state, local regulations.
- Manages and directs site in achieving EHS targets & objectives. Directs development, maintenance, and achievement of goals in support of corporate and business group EHS strategic initiatives.
- Facilitates risk assessment at the location to identify critical EHS hazards and aspects. Works with leadership team to create targets and objectives based on key EHS risks.
- Determines appropriate leading and lagging indicators to track performance against targets and objectives.
- Coordinate the training of all personnel in the required safety, health and environmental policies.
- Develops/maintains plant emergency response plans and ensures drills are performed to document plan effectiveness. May serve as the plant emergency coordinator.
- Prepare and submit required Federal, State and local governmental reports in regard to hazardous waste disposal, air emissions and plant waste discharge.
- Drives and promotes zero incident EHS culture throughout site.
- Evaluates proposed projects and proposed new chemicals and ensures plans are in-place and implemented to address EHS compliance issues e.g. Ensuring MESH MOC Process is implemented.
- Creates and facilitates EHS engagement through EHS teams and committees needed to accomplish the established targets and objectives for the year.
- Works to assign MESH element champions and facilitate their engagement in ownership of the MESH elements. Works with leadership team and MESH element champions to complete an annual evaluation of compliance for EHS country, state, and local regulations.
- Pursues third party recognition for programs that establish the site and Eaton’s EHS program as world class.
- Uses established EHS data processes such as MESH Suite to manage data such as injuries and illnesses, environmental metrics, risk assessments, EHS action items and other pertinent information.
- Create training matrices to ensure that all training is defined and tracked to completion.
- Work with site leadership team and facilities to ensure that all key EHS operational controls are in place and that EHS action items are resolved on a timely basis.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- 3 years of prior environmental, health and safety experience or a combination of those functions.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Bachelor's in occupational safety, industrial hygiene, or environmental discipline.
- Professional certification such as Certified Safety Professional, Certified Industrial Hygienist, Certified Hazardous Materials Manager, or country equivalent.
- Prior experience supporting a variety of processes including Machining, Waste Water Treatment, Heat Treat, Chemical Handling and Pressure Testing.
- Experience working in a turnaround environment or plant a plus
- Knowledge of state and federal occupational environmental, health and safety and health laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of workers compensation administration
- History of success with driving a Safety Culture and Zero incident environment
- Effective oral and written communication skills, tact, diplomacy, and performance assessment skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Must have strong presentation and facilitation skills.
- Effective use of communication and tact with stakeholders.
- Strong analytical thinking skills; intellectual rigor and curiosity; problem-solving capability.
- Data-driven, disciplined, objective, and detail-oriented.
- Acts as a business partner; sees the big picture and works through ambiguity and change.
- Ability to be energetic, a critical thinker, skilled in driving process improvement.
- Ability to influence and motivate people.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Environmental Health & Safety
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time