Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Machine Operator-Plastics - 1st Shift
Eaton Crouse-Hinds in Syracuse, NY is looking for a Machine Operator to work first shift in our Plastics Department.
Perform required duties to store, cut, form, weigh and deliver material for plastic molding; to operate molding press, assembly press and radial riveter, related equipment and various finishing machines including cut-off saws, bench grinder, single and multi-spindle drilling machines, etc., for the production of a variety of plastic parts.
Use hand, pneumatic or power tools as required I performance of job duties.
Prepare charges (shots) for molding machines and place in storage racks exercising care to cover properly to avoid damage or spoilage.
Operate hand lift truck as required to deliver charges (shots) to molding stations as directed. Load charges (shots) into machine or mold and initiate press cycle.
Remove formed parts. Adjust and completely assemble standard products and sub-assemblies.
Pack and label completed products. Visually inspect all parts for appearance and compliance with quality standards. Immediately report all irregularities to supervisor.
Clean excess raw material from mold. Remove gates and deburr parts as necessary.
Assist in mold changes.
Perform drilling, tapping, counter boring, countersinking, piercing, and similar operations using jigs and tooling provided.
Adjust depth settings for blind hold drilling. May make simple layout for hole drilling.
Place work in fixture, activate machine, deburr holes, check work to hold fairly close tolerances and dispose finished work to appropriate container.
Complete paperwork as directed.
Perform Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) duties including cleaning machines daily, oil and lubricate and remove chips as prescribed.
Administer the 5's and maintain the Material Replenishment System as prescribed.
Detect defective material or faulty machine operations and report all unusual conditions to proper supervision.
Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition. Follow prescribed or standard safety regulations.
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate geographic area of Syracuse, NY (50 miles) will be considered for this position
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience working with mold press, assembly press, or related equipment
- Familiar with a variety of tools including: hand, pneumatic, and/or power tools
- Care is necessary to position material and perform machine operation and assembly in proper sequence as directed.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide including decimals and fractions; simple use of formulas, drawings.
- Light, physical effort, equivalent to continuous very light, frequent light, occasional average, but rarely heavy manual effort applied in various ways in performance of job duties
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No