Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Tool & Die Maker - 1st Shift
Eaton’s Power Delivery Division is seeking a Tool & Die Maker - 1st Shift. This role is at Badger Drive Facility, Waukesha, WI.
The primary function of this position is to plan, layout, and perform all bench and machine operations to construct, alter, and repair tools, dies, fixtures, molds, gauges, etc. requiring a high degree of skill and in-depth knowledge of tooling practices and applications.
- Manufactures, assembles, and inspects simple die sets to complex progressive die sets by using the necessary machines, tooling and gauges required to mainteain specifications.
- Manufactures, assembles, and instepcts jigs, fixtures, inspection gauges, prototype machinery or machine parts using the necessary machiens, tooling, and gauges required to maintain specifications.
- Performs preventive maintenance inspections on die sets, jigs, fixtures or gauges and makes recommendations when necessary. Inspections include disassembling, assembling, cleaning, grinding, or machining necessary components.
- Performs necessary maintenance repairs to die sets, jigs, fixtures, or machine parts. Determines causes of failure or mailfunction and makes recommendations.
- Works from work orders, prints, skethes, sample parts, or verbal instructions. Use of technical manuals, machinery handbook, or general literature to determine machine speeds and feeds, proper clearnaces, types of materials to use and heat treat requirements is a must.
- Inspections of work is normally done with use of precision instruments such as: micrometers, Vernier calipers, height gauges, sincee bars, jo-blocks, surface plate, etc.
- Operates a lift truck and overhead crane for the purpose of moving dies, tooling ormaterial required in the tool room.
- Occasionally estimates jobs and prepares necessary parts list. Makes recommendations in the design of new tooling and modifications of present tooling to increase the reliability and longevity of tooling.
- Assists other maintenance personnel in the repair and troubleshooting of equipment as requested.
- Works with outside suppliers to manufacture replacement equipment parts, and any machining jobs too large to complete internally in Badger Drive’s tool room
- The incumbent will maintain a safe and clean work area, will adhere to all facility safety guidelines and will encourage communication and participation of personnel to further identify and reduce/eliminate potential hazards. They will run the machines in a safe manner, with all safeguards applied. Constant care is required to prevent injury to self and others.
- A high school diploma or GED (General Education Degree) from an accredited institution is required.
- The ability to work in the United States on an ongoing basis without company sponsorship is required.
- Relocation benefits not included. Only candidates living within 50 miles of Waukesha WI will be considered
- A five year apprenticeship for Tool & Die Maker consisting of 576 hours of school and 10,400 hours of on the job training or ten years of related Tool and Die Maker experience with part time Technical School training. Technical School courses required would be basic die design, blueprint reading, metals technology, and advanced mathematics or equivalent.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No