Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Paint Line Operator - 2nd Shift
- Adhere to detailed specifications, work instructions, manufacturing information and written or verbal instructions from supervision.
- Run and operate Dynamic Machine Management software (DMM). Use DMM hold codes to report productions issue.
- Run and operate drawing search software (Enovia, Vault etc.) to view and print drawings for fabrication purpose.
- Ensure the chemical concentricity (mix) and pH levels are within recommended range. Perform titration test & trouble shoot chemical concentricity (mix) and pH level variations.
- Monitor & troubleshoot the automated guns and spray systems to ensure effective coverage to a variety of sized and shaped products. (Including the reclaim system)
- Ensure the long-term integrity of the Powder Coating System by identifying & replacing wearable components as required. Ensure the cure oven temp vs. line speed is providing the proper environment to reach the appropriate dwell times and cure times for the powder.
- Replace Wash System Chemical as required. Maintain the integrity of the Pre Treat system and ensure the waste solution does not exceed environmental limitations.
- Maintain Powder in proper containers and storage requirements. Prepare requisition for buyer to procure required powder paint supply. Keep supervisor informed on powder paint and related supply inventory.
- Manually paint all non-standard colors and touch ups to standard colors, mixing and preparing paint according to specifications.
- Prepare material for paint process, identifying appropriate tools and method to ensure clean smooth surfaces.
- Inspect final product for cosmetic, coverage, cure, adhesion and thickness.
- Load and Unload product from the paint line and ensure conveyor to part continuity.
- Perform tasks specific to the Waste Water Treatment including monitoring operation, system start-up/shut-down.
- Regularly maintain equipment as per Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) sheet including daily maintenance on guns and equipment. (Powder Booths/Pre Wash/Waste Water Treatment/or General Systems)
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Work in compliance with the Act and regulations as well as company policies
- Use or wear any equipment, protective devices or clothing required by the employer
- Participate and contribute to continuous improvement (Eaton Lean System). Report any deficiencies in systems, facilities, machinery, equipment and/or tools
- Comply with EQS (Eaton Quality System) policies and procedures.
- Comply with ISO 9001 policies and procedures.
- High School Diploma from an accredited institution.
- A minimum of 1 year experience in a manufacturing environment or assembly experience.
- Only candidates living within a 80 km range from our Milton plant will be considered for the role.
- Eaton does not offer sponsorship, only candidates that can legally work in Canada will be considered.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings.
- Basic knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and safety procedures of a manufacturing facility.
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No