Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Production Associate, Mission Critical, Wiring - 1st Shift
Eaton Corporation located in Sumter, SC has an opening for a Senior Production Associate - Switchboard Wiring. This position is on 1st Shift (Monday-Friday), with occasional overtime and weekend work per business needs.
- The position will physically support special customer projects at the remote Sumter Mission Critical Solution Center (SMCSC).
- This position will provide manufacturing expertise, support, and direction in the assembly of all areas of the Switchboard Segment Team with the overall goal of timely order fulfillment and adherence to Eaton’s quality standards. Incumbent will allow for timely execution of required tasks including but not limited to assembly, allocation of materials, inspection, testing, wiring, and shipping.
- Correctly select and install, in accordance to drawings/diagrams/blueprints, various components/devices.
- Exhibit a strong adherence to quality by continually seeking methods of improvement for all functions of the position.
- Ensure quality criteria are met by review of documents, consciences assembly and proper employment of the switchboard quality verification checklist.
- Receive and carry out work assignments from management and internal customers so as to fulfill customer orders in a timely manner.
- Perform assigned function from oral / written instructions, drawings, travel documents, DMM system, manufacturing information, hand drawn layout request. Closely follow established procedures for completing assigned function.
- Comply with all safety requirements, including proper use of personal protective equipment and operation of equipment in a safe and competent manner. Understand and meet all departmental safety objectives and goals.
- Keep assigned work-area clean, organized, and orderly per 5S standards.
- Ensure all safety and industrial hygiene requirements are maintained.
- Work from manufacturing information such as Kanban cards, MI’s, requisitions and oral or written instructions. Use of tape measures required.
- Work with members of a team to effectively complete work assignment. Receive information from team members regarding customer needs and product requirements and utilize this information to perform one’s function.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance when required to ensure peak performance of all manufacturing equipment.
- Perform special assignments and/or projects as assigned.
- Exhibit strong analytical and problem solving skills so as to resolve any obstacles or delays that may occur in the production process.
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution required
- Minimum 2 years wiring experience
- Minimum 1 year manufacturing or operations experience and/or technical experience in an industrial setting
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefits provided. Candidates must reside within a 50 mile radius of the facility in order to be considered.
- Demonstrated comprehension of wiring diagrams and schematics
- Demonstrated comprehension of power flow
- Must be self-driven and able to produce desired results with minimal direction
- Effective communications (written and verbal)are required
- Must be flexible and able to work extended hours as needed
- Candidate must be able to lift a minimum of 35 lbs. with reasonable accommodation
- Incumbent must be able to stand for extended periods of time. Repetitive lifting, bending, and squatting is inherent to this position.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CDPAD Comml Distrib Prods Assy Div
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No