Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
District Support Engineer
Eaton’s Engineering Service & Systems division is hiring for a District Support Engineer. This position will be out our Deerfield Beach, FL facility.
Eaton’s Engineering Service & Systems division wants to help you fuel your career! Eaton has the largest and most experienced team of filed services technicians and engineers in the industry. This team brings extensive skills and experiences to field service engineering. Active participation in recognized technical societies such as NFPA and IEEE and collaboration with a variety of utilities and industries ensures that our technicians are knowledgeable about today’s cutting edge technology and engineering techniques. We assist customers at every stage of the power system: offering start-up and commissioning of equipment, performing planned maintenance, monitoring performance, diagnosing system problems remotely, as well as responding to emergencies on a 24/7 basis, 365 days a year. Our support services help businesses make the most of their existing electrical equipment by optimizing performance and extending the life of existing facilities.
The Power Distribution Systems organization offers career opportunities at a variety of levels representing increased scope and responsibility within the organization. The responsibilities of this position include overseeing day-to-day operations of the office, including field service manpower, engineering and sales support for the operation. Requiring minimal supervision, the Operations Engineer will assist in managing the District’s job schedule and backlog, including preparation of job plans, budgets, schedules, personnel requirements and/or other tasks as required. The Engineer will assist the District Manager and Coordinator in developing short term business financial forecasts, developing and implementing the annual profit plan, and developing cost estimates for proposals and writing negotiations.
- The Operations Engineer regularly works with and provides technical support for Field Service Representatives and Operations Coordinator as they execute jobs.
- Continuously improve personal, technical and professional business skills enabling incumbentto service products to customer’s satisfaction through keeping current with product technology as measured by ability to troubleshoot and repair various products and to instruct others.
- Provide timely, detailed and accurate reports on service work performed, product performance, and warranty liabilities to company expense and time allocation.
- Become computer efficient using laptops provided and mastering all required software.
- Maintain all service equipment including all test equipment, tools issued to meet specifications including EBE, ISO requirements, etc. in good working condition and maintain sufficient inventory to respond to standard calls.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with customers, support Sales with initial and follow-up quotations for customers, interface and coordinate with other plants and business units within the company and outside vendors to procure parts and services for the district. Provide customers basic applications information via phone or on site consultation and be available for 24-hour x 7 days a week on call duty and respond to emergency situations with minimal notification.
- Demonstrate ability to service newly designed and experimental equipment, which has not been seen before, and instill confidence in the customer.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with customers, authorized service shops, other service organizations, and product business units to assure customer satisfaction. Incumbent demonstrates an awareness of customer needs, preferences, and time and financial constraints.
- Proven customer service, sales ability, and ability to handle irate or difficult customers and gain satisfaction.
- Demonstrate safety consciousness in equipment handling, electrical and electronic procedures, and the unique situations encountered at diverse work sites.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering (electrical, mechanical or engineering technology) from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience leading and managing large service engineering projects of complex scope to include pricing and sales experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates residing within an immediate geographical area (50 miles) must be considered.
- Candidate must demonstrate strong organizational, project, time and task management skills, with use of personal computers and software systems to manage and track numerous priorities.
- Candidate must have strong technical knowledge and understanding of the Electrical and EESS industry, products and solutions.
- Candidate needs to have a working knowledge of the overall sales function, customer channels to market, and negotiation techniques and must be able to assist in the generation of proposals and negotiations
- Candidate requires minimal supervision to manage the District’s job schedule and backlog
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain customer relationships and resolve complaints.
- Demonstrates financial and commercial knowledge.
- Strength in leadership and coaching/mentoring of both field and office personnel.
- Must possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 100 % of the Time