Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Quality Systems Manager
Eaton Corporation's Aerospace facility in Los Angeles, CA is seeking a Quality Manager to work in our Los Angeles location.
The primary responsibilities for this position will be to develop and deploy the Aerospace Quality strategy in a manner that complies with customer and industry standards. Ensure relationships with external customers are managed in a manner that exceeds their expectations in terms of communication, responsiveness and results. Implement global Aerospace and Industrial Sector Quality programs, goals and objectives. Achieve superior customer Quality ratings through regular reviews of the Quality Management System, leading indicators, and lagging indicators with special focus on the transition between new product development and production. Responsibilities also providing support to customers, suppliers, and partners, maintaining certifications to required Aerospace industry and customer standards, and improving organizational capability of the quality function.
- Lead the deployment of the Quality strategy
- Ensure compliance with Eaton, customer and industry-specific Quality requirements by conducting the necessary audits and assessments and determine system effectiveness.
- Develop and implement a Quality organizational structure capable of supporting the strategic initiatives and lead the efforts to integrate quality into the development of short and long range business plans.
- Develop strategies for integrating Quality concepts into the new product development process.
- Analyze key quality-related operational metrics and perform periodic reviews to evaluate results and establish action plans to close the gaps at an operational level for both on-going production and new product development.
- Continually improve the capability of the Quality organization through ongoing development activities and identification of talent to promote functional bench strength. Ensure deployment of Eaton’s quality functional excellence tool set and provide input to development plans for functional reports.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in manufacturing, engineering or quality assurance
- No relocation is being offered for this role. All candidates must live within 50 miles of Los Angeles, CA.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Demonstrated ability to drive results in the area of Quality, continuous improvement, etc
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a role with direct customer interface
- Demonstrated knowledge
of quality assurance and continuous improvement methods, approaches and
tools, including strategic management and project management.
- In-depth experience with the practical application of Quality tools, Six Sigma, and Lean Manufacturing methodologies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Quality Management Systems such as ISO-9001, TS-16949, AS-9100 etc
- Knowledge and experience
with the deployment of Eaton’s EQS process
EQS Assessor, ISO 9001 Lead Auditor certified
- Certified Quality
Engineer (CQE), Certified Manager of Quality / Organizational Excellence
(CQM / OE), ISO-9001 Auditor and Six Sigma Black belt
- Ability to work in a matrix environment, get results and drive change through others.
- Ability to learn customers’ Quality requirements and drive process improvements.
- Effective oral and written communication skills as well as planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage by influence through solid relationships and process focus.
“Eaton will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO”
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time