Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Field Service Technician - Detroit
Eaton’s Lighting Products Division is seeking a Field Service Technician. The Field Service Technician will be based out of Detroit, Michigan.
Position Overview :
Our Lighting Systems & Solutions business is seeking a Field Service Technician to perform on site commissioning of lighting controls products. This includes travel to job sites in various phases of construction to examine installation, test equipment, program equipment with desired settings, and training end users on the use and upkeep of the lighting control systems installed. This position will work closely with the technical support phone representatives to provide service to on-site customers as well as providing technical expertise for customers. This position will be located in a major city in the western part of the United States.
- Travel to sites to commission installed lighting control systems. This may include troubleshooting, proper installation verification, system programming and customer training.
- Assist in the gathering of data for project commissioning, including completed panel schedule paperwork and other documents pertinent to job commissioning.
- Prepares and submits documentation regarding site visitations to the Phone Support center in order for streamlined continued support of the customer site.
- Assist with training of additional field support representatives or lighting representatives.
- Act as a backup phone support representative when not commissioning projects in the field answering incoming calls regarding questions on the lighting control product line including, but not limited to, implementation of hardware and computer software in the field, programming of controllers, wiring of components and arrangement for replacement parts.
- Timely reporting and database maintenance from the site commissioning is required in order to ensure a fluid transition from Field Service to Technical phone Support for the end user customer.
- Special projects as required by management.
- Associate’s degree from an accredited institution OR an Electrical Journeyman Degree OR Licensed Electrician OR Certified Electrical Technician
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in technical field service.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Relocation assistance is not offered for this position. Candidate must reside within a 50 mile radius of Detroit, Michigan.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Experience in Technical field sales or repair.
- Experience in Lighting, Controls, HVAC, security system industry.
- Ability to tactfully respond to questions, and frame responses in conjunction with company policies and procedures.
- Well-developed analytic ability and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work with, and technically train, customers at all levels of the construction process, including contractors and engineers.
- Serve as common customer point of contact to Eaton.
- Adheres to and promotes Eaton’s Zero Incident Safety Culture.
- Must be able to travel up to 75% of the time.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time