Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
HR Business Partner to Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
Eaton has an exciting opportunity for an HR Business Partner to join the Corporate Functions HR team. This energetic and high-performing team works together to make work engaging and exciting for the Corporate organizations’ talent. Collectively, the team is dedicated to providing trusted business partnership to leaders and supplying HR subject matter expertise across a spectrum of topics. This role will provide the selected candidate with a great opportunity to advance their personal HR skills and knowledge by working on global talent initiatives and challenges with an enterprise network of HR and functional leaders.
The HR business partner has responsibility for providing strategic HR leadership and support to the Chief Technology officer and senior leaders within the Corporate Technology Office (CTO) organization, including multiple locations in the United States, Europe and Asia Pacific. The HR leader drives the global functional talent management strategy, organizational effectiveness, executive level talent assessment/selection, and any executive-level employee relations management across approximately 1700 corporate CTO employees and 8500 matrix/sector engineering employees (in partnership with field HR leaders). As a member of the officer’s leadership team, the HRBP helps to establish goals and the strategic plan, particularly as related to human capital needs. Additionally, the HRBP provides full spectrum HR support to the US CTO teams, and partners with global HR professionals that provide full HR generalist support to client function resources in Ireland, Prague, Pune and Shanghai.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Develop and implement global functional organization and talent management strategies in consultation with functional officer utilizing advanced organization development concepts, processes, and tools including assessment, diagnosis, design (OAD), talent reviews, and change management.
• Champion organization change to facilitate alignment of human capital plans to the function’s strategic plan.
• Provide strategic leadership coaching to functional officers and leadership teams; act as a role model and sponsor for Eaton Vision, Leadership Attributes, Aspirational Goals and Doing Business Right.
• Build organizational capability to meet the current and future needs of the business; utilize data including OCA (Organizational Capability Assessment) to assess and address functional talent development needs, including succession planning, talent acquisition, organization design, diversity, and retention; partner with Officers on leadership development nominations for programs
• Support executive and non-executive level Employee Relations activities by working with management to resolve conflict and facilitate achievement of established business objectives.
• Develop and support functional learning resources; advise on functional competencies, developmental tools, methodologies, standardized job descriptions, functional colleges and other learning practices.
• Support officer on implementation of HR subject matter needs through liaison responsibilities with corporate HR subject matter experts based in the regions (e.g., Talent Acquisition, Assessment & Selection, Executive and Non-Executive Compensation, etc.).
• Strategically guide and oversee the functional corporate development & early talent programs via partnership with the Early Talent COE and program steering committee.
• Collaborate with the team of Corporate HRBPs to optimize / leverage standard work and support across the Corporate functions for items such as wellness, I&D (Inclusion and Diversity), communications, Leadership Development, HR Services etc.
• Collaborate with HR function/HR COEs on solutions designed for broader / enterprise Eaton application
• Work with Sector HR teams to facilitate the change management aspects of CTO enterprise deployments; provide change management expertise for CTO efforts.
• Partner with supported officer to:
o Drive standard HR deployments and annual requirements through client group(s) including: executive compensation planning (3 cycles), merit planning, APEX cycles (Annual Performance and Development Planning), Employee Survey/Continuous Listening administration and action planning, etc.
o Facilitate and support new HR program deployments through client group(s), such as: I&D, HR Services, Flex Work Solutions, etc.
• Support key projects/initiatives for client group(s) by executing appropriate human capital plans
Please note, this role can also be based in Cleveland (Requisition ID# 046630) however relocation for the Dublin based role will only be from within the hiring region.
• Bachelors’ degree from an accredited institution. M.B.A. or M.S. degree in human resources preferred.
• Minimum 10 years of experience in human resources.
• Experience partnering with senior leadership to create and drive strategic HR and key functional organization initiatives on a global scale.
• Experience coaching and advising senior executives on business critical issues.
• Leadership experience in Organization Development, including Organizational Change Management, Compensation, Talent Assessment, and Employment Law coupled with practical savvy for coaching management on these topics and applying the knowledge to training and deployment.
• Experience leading training and facilitation for broad audiences, including senior executives.
• Implement / leverage processes, review metrics and measure on-going review of effectiveness for continuous improvement.
• Experience in a matrix organization.
• Experience with organization assessment and design and developing / executing talent strategy preferred
• Collaborative and team-work focused style a must.
• 25% travel
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Human Resources
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Director
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring region only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time