List the essential functions:
- Conduct various prior art searches (Landscapes, patentability, Freedom-to-Operate, patent validity/invalidity assessment) using open and specialized patent and literature databases
- Ability to read huge volume of patents and literatures, and communicate complex technologies/ concepts in an easy-to-understand format to business and stakeholder to drive decisions.
- Responsible for conducting patent landscape/watch analysis, identifying the trend of the competitors and/or emerging technologies, and developing IP strategy to protect & commercialize key technologies
- Technically sound to quickly understand technologies related to the mechanical domain, especially technologies related to automobile, aerospace and hydraulics
- Interface with cross-functional Engineering across Eaton's business units to gather technical information related to an invention disclosure, and assist legal teams in assessing the patentability of the inventions
- Perform various other types of patent analyses viz. claims mapping, portfolio analysis, whitespace analysis etc.
- Working knowledge in creating competitive and technology intelligence reports which includes technology, market and IP perspectives.
- Develop expertise in atleast one of the business verticals in industrial sector and contribute novel ideas in key programs of the respective verticals
- Collaborate with global experts, external partners and extended teams to enable technology development
- B.E./B.Tech in Mechanical/Aerospace/Instrumentation Engineering with 3-4 years’ experience in patent analysis or M.Tech in Mechanical/Aerospace/Instrumentation with 1-2 years’ experience in patent analysis
- Expert in using open and specialized patent/literature databases
- Experience in market research is a plus
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Requisition ID: 047170