Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Electrical Test Technician - 2nd Shift
- The primary function of the job is to set up, operate and maintain a variety of test equipment to perform electrical, electronic and mechanical tests on MVD products.
- Ensure a safe work environment for self and others; take initiative in identifying safety improvement opportunities.
- Test equipment using up to 33,000 volts.
- Ensure equipment meets customer specifications as well as safety and quality requirements.
- Analyze data to determine compliance with test standards
- Record data and write reports; process paperwork timely, accurately, and with accountability.
- Follow procedures with accuracy, efficiently and with strict attention to details.
- Troubleshoot various problems that could occur during course of test; requires Tester to think critically to solve complex problems.
- May require Tester to develop test setups, plans, procedures and standards when current procedures are inadequate.
- Help in the design and maintenance of test equipment
- Recognize and report quality issues through the correct channels as they arise.
- Will be required to use multimeters, voltmeters, hipot test equipment, digital oscilloscope, PC based monitoring, stand-alone RTD temperature monitoring system, and Variac’s.
- Will have to become proficient in programming controllers, printed circuit boards, and software applications including but not limited to NCDrive, SDFlash, CPLD and DSP, and Turck.
- Must have mechanical proficiency which includes basic mechanical and assembly concepts, and use of shop and hand tools.
- Component testing including but not limited to partial discharge testing of power electronic devices, firmware flashing, and application loading of printed circuit boards and controllers.
- Constantly evolve in product and process knowledge; may require additional classroom work or assigned reading.
- Build positive relationships that support job objectives and a team environment.
- Develop rapport and establish relationships with customers, engineers, and manufacturing team.
- Will interface heavily with customers as well as contractors on witness testing.
- Will work closely with engineering on new product development testing.
- Help develop standards for testing on newly developed products.
- Will be responsible for assisting with product qualifying testing for 3rd party standards committees.
- Continuously improve work environment processes; Kaizens, Lean, etc.
- Troubleshoot and repair warranty and non-warranty customer returned material
Associate’s degree in Electrical/Electronics OR an Engineering field from an accredited institution
Must be authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area (50 miles) of the Arden, NC facility will be considered.
Strong knowledge of the following fundamental electrical concepts:
- Basic Electricity
- Motors and Controls
- PLC Programming
- Fundamentals AC/DC
Associate’s degree in Electronics or Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
Previous work experience troubleshooting electrical and/or mechanical problems
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No