Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Associate Analyst- General Ledger & Fixed Assets
List the essential functions (i.e. key responsibilities with expected end results), which must be accomplished in order to fulfill the purpose of your position as described above.
Compare cash receipt and disbursement activity on general ledger and bank statements. The incumbent identifies any activity not appearing on both mediums as a reconciling item.
Discuss and seek to resolve, with bank and/or Eaton personnel, discrepancies between the bank and general ledger, which require corrective action.
Provide the bank reconciliations and supporting documentation to the Treasury, Financial Accounting, Payroll, Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable Departments as well as to Divisions for the purpose of clearing reconciling items as necessary.
Trace reconciling items from the general ledger back to originating entries and evaluate the validity of correcting entries with the transaction originator.
Collect and coordinate, on a monthly basis, bank statements and related supporting documentation from banks, Divisions and internal Accounting Departments. Includes the need to use on-line banking systems to obtain and investigate bank account information.
Provide assistance in the escheatment process by the coordination, identification and proper resolution of old outstanding checks.
Ensure compliance to Z-7 policy of Eaton financial policy, Sarbanes Oxley Act – Electronic Audit Evidence
Coordinate and assist with interim and year-end Ernst & Young testing of general ledger cash balances.
Actively participate in continuous improvement programs and committees.
Maintain positive relationships with customers, both internal & external. Ensure professional and appropriate communications.
Know and comply with Eaton policies: Global Ethics, Values and Philosophy, Management Environmental Safety and Security and Health (MESH).
Other activities assigned by supervisor or special requirements from management or company.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field from an accredited institution required
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in Accounts payable domain
- BPO/Customer service industry experience essential, preferably captive shared service experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Structured approach to problem solving and ability to analyze a situation to identify the root cause
- Good knowledge of internal controls especially SOX requirements
- Ability to work within a team environment
- ERP knowledge preferably SAP
- Strong accounting knowledge – Local GAAP, US GAAP or IFRS
- Sound MS Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Word) required
- Good Accounting knowledge
- Strong customer service orientation
- Structured approach to problem solving and issue resolution
- Ability to apply accounting system expertise to troubleshoot financial system problems, resolve customer issues and implement new solutions.
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Highly motivated self-starter who can work well in a team environment or independently.
- Adaptable to change.
- Demonstrates strong skills on following competencies: Dealing with Ambiguity, Customer Focus, Functional/Technical Skills, Integrity and Trust, Intellectual Horsepower, Managerial Courage, Organizational Agility, Drive for Results.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No