Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Technical Sales and Quotes Engineer
Main duties will involve evaluating and preparing quotations and tenders, along with evaluation of sales orders and amendments to orders. Supporting the MEDC Area Sales Managers and customer base responsible for the MEDC portfolio of products at all levels of the market.
The engineer will work closely with manufacturing and technical personnel as well as the main customer service function, and will be involved in direct interaction with customers, handling queries and attending to customer specific needs.
· To accurately and efficiently evaluate customer specifications, in order to create quotations for the MEDC portfolio of products. Ensure technical compatibility, commercial viability and regulatory conformance.
· To technically evaluate incoming customer purchase orders, ensuring the product matches the customer requirement, and conforms to regulatory certification directives.
· Responsible for technical account management.
· Management of large orders and key contacts, ensuring all aspects of the project are controlled to maximize customer satisfaction.
· Develop relationships with strategic accounts and contractors.
· Communicate effectively both verbally and by email with internal and external contacts.
· Be proactive in the identification and full investigation of customer complaints.
· To develop a working technical knowledge of the MEDC product portfolio and certification.
· Liaison and coordination with MEDC internal departments and other entities to ensure accurate technical information is delivered to the customer.
· Contribution to the customer service team’s predefined service levels and strive to continuously improve those levels and associated processes.
· Proven experience in a technical support or commercial service environment
· Interpersonal and communication skills
· Excellent team working skills
· Capacity to effectively organise and prioritise workloads
· High level of customer service skills
· HNC or equivalent in technical discipline would be an advantage
· Experience of responding to invitation to tender or expression of interest would be an advantage
· Proficient use of Microsoft applications
· Experience within an industry with high levels of regulation would be an advantage
· Experience of working with SAP would be an advantage
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: EPG CHD HAC Hazardous Area Communications
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No