Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Lighting Design Engineer
The nature of this position involves closely working with the external sales force in preparation of lighting designs for major projects and contracts. It is essential that information relative to our customer is conveyed to all concerned and escalated to a senior level where necessary, to ensure that the customer receives the best service.
The position is responsible for working with and supporting both internal and external sales teams to ensure that through effective communication we gain maximum benefit.
A key requirement is to work effectively when assisting with enquiries and all issues with the nominated projects, and that all are dealt with in a reasonable timeframe and to satisfactory standards. The standards set will change from time to time and are as published by the Company.
The position also has a requirement for innovating new ideas to keep us moving forward. These ideas will assist to constantly keep the Company ahead of the competition, to ensure we gain maximum benefit whilst providing a competitive service.
The incumbent must continually question, analyse, evaluate and refine information received to maintain accuracy, so as to provide an efficient operation that optimises opportunity, efficiency, profit, customer service, and personal achievement.
The incumbent has a responsibility to effectively manage their time in order to maximise productivity and customer service levels in line with the Company recommendations. This may when required extend to travel away from the Doncaster base to directly support the project on site.
The incumbent must have adequate levels of skill and sensitivity to deal with customers in a variety of situations that may be encountered. These need to be handled in a positive, open, and generally friendly manner. Where serious issues are encountered these must be reported to a more senior manager or officer of the Company.
The essential functions of the role include:
1. Provide the technical support to the external sales force on major projects.
2. To prepare lighting designs for projects when required
3. To work with the external sales engineer in the presentation of the companies proposal to the client
4. To prepare all technical submissions to support the offer
5. To work effectively with all related internal departments in providing a comprehensive service to the Companies client.
6. To assist other application team members
7. To assist in technical training of the external sales force when necessary
8. Achieve agreed levels of productivity.
9. Undertake training to achieve relevant standards as deemed necessary by the Company
10. Attend appraisal and assessment meetings when requested by the Company.
11. Ensure where possible that the Company gains maximum opportunity to obtain or increase an order by offering best advice and cross-selling the company’s services.
Qualifications• ONC or equivalent in an engineering discipline
• HNC Building Services, Electrical/Electronic Engineering or a similar discipline - Advantageous
• Understanding of Microsoft Office and Outlook. Must have enough academic ability to successfully carry out the role and gain 2 Lighting Industry Federation Advanced certificate passes.
• 2 years’ work experience in the field of lighting design or a similar engineering discipline and be fluent in CAD.
• Ability to work in a team environment and promote the companies’ best practice. Must have the ability to be an effective, positive contributing and listening member of the department.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: LSD Life Safety Division EMEA
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No