Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Engineer.ENG.No Sub-Function (VA/VE)
Execute on engineering-related activities for top Cost Out projects and/or Value Analysis-Value Engineering Projects (VA/VE). Increase value through cost elimination while maintaining product integrity for electrical assemblies.
Identify and document waste opportunities across the Value Stream in pipeline building activities: suppliers / materials, logistics, product, manufacturing process, expenses / supplies, services and others.
Identify, manage and complete projects using EBS tools such as: VAVE/ELSS/Project tools/Quality System/6Sigma. Effectively communicates to stakeholders the projects progression.
Work with the VAVE engineering leads and managers to develop and support the Cost out Strategy for the Industrial Controls Division (Profit Plan / Strat. Plan).
Identify, support and execute Plant and Product Management top cost out activities/Projects where needed using Cost Out templates for basic project management, including: project charter, financial assessment, 4-up, and schedule.
Lead Engineering efforts on critical direct material cost-out projects, including idea development, prototype, project execution, and plant/business system implementation
Use manufacturing/supply chain/finance information to validate cost savings opportunities.
Provide technical soundness of design decisions and products changes to facilitate manufacturing, reduce cost, substitute material, improve quality and accommodate special customer needs.
Request and maintains on-track the capital spending/appropriation and expenses required for the project.
Supports the organizational capacity, training and development plan to achieve the required level of knowledge of the product & processes changes.
- Bachelor degree in Industrial, Electronic, Design, Electromechanical Engineering, or similar careers.
- Minimum experience of 3 years in engineering positions, with a strong emphasis on maintenance of line and design.
- Bilingual: English/Spanish.
- Computer knowledge: MS-Office, MS-Project, MRP / AS400, Vista, Enovia, Qlikview, Microsoft SharePoint, CAD tools (Pro-Eng [Creo 2.0], SolidWorks, AutoCAD (3D & 2D modeling/detailing) or equivalent and drawing interpretation skills), Minitab (statistical sowftware).
- Engineering process tools: DFMEA, Tolerance analysis, engineered material selection and product costing, tooling, Six Sigma
- Proven knowledge in Project Management, Process Control, and Lean/6-Sigma tools.
- Prefer knowledge in Eaton quality systems, Enovia document control system.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Latin America
Organization: EPG CPD ICD Industrial Controls Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time