Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
International Treasury Accounting Manager
Eaton’s Corporate Sector is seeking a International Treasury Accounting Manager. The International Treasury Accounting Manager will be based at our Beachwood, OH corporate headquarters.
This position is a technical leader, who has thorough knowledge of financial systems, policies and accounting requirements and can modify or develop new procedures to meet specialized needs. They will provide primary support and guidance to corporate functions and the business operations regarding accounting and systems issues; perform analysis of accounting matters and prepare reports for senior leadership, including the Board of Directors, and external reporting requirements. This position also performs professional accounting work as part of the monthly, quarterly and annual close process involving compilation, consolidation, and analysis of financial data.
- Preparation and review of financial statements and reports (for internal senior management, board of directors, and external disclosure)
- Provide guidance to corporate and operating staff on US GAAP (Topic 815 / ASU 2017-12) for the proper accounting for derivatives (i.e., application of financial policies, accounting principles and pronouncements related to derivatives and hedging)
- Analysis of data, with understanding of the details behind the financials
- Prepares and reviews appropriate commentary or explanations in relation to report financial items of particular interest or significance; conducts pertinent investigation of the accounts involved
- Performs general global corporate accounting activities
- Participate or manage projects that promote continuous improvement of financial processes for recording, analyzing, and reporting monthly results
- Special projects as assigned, such as: design and development of accounting procedures related to acquisitions, new accounting requirements and global synergies
- Developing relationships with key internal customers and build partnerships to drive results
- Quantum Sub-Ledger accounting and preparation of journal entries
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or Economics from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum of 7 years of professional accounting experience is required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- CPA or MBA preferred.
- 1-2 years’ experience in International Treasury – foreign exchange, debt, commodities and interest rate swaps.
- Strong knowledge of financial systems, such as: Quantum, Oracle, SAP, and Hyperion Financial Management
- Treasury and US GAAP knowledge of hedging for Foreign Exchange, Commodities and Interest rates
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong accounting control skills
- Strong, professional written and oral communication skills
- Ability to lead work in a team environment
- Ability to manage interruptions to daily workflow & reprioritization of tasks based on requests from management
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong Microsoft Excel, Word skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time