Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Financial Accounting Manager
Eaton’s Corporate Electrical Products Group is seeking an Financial Accounting Manager. The Financial Accounting Manager will be based out of our Mississauga, ON, Canada facility.
The Financial Accounting Manager will provide Financial Reporting to all Canadian Divisions in a multi-company and multi-divisional setting. The incumbent will be involved with Balance Sheet and Income Statement analysis for multiple divisions.
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department including: month and end-year process, general ledger control, monthly balance sheet reconciliations, capital asset control and reconciliations, fixed asset activity, lease accounting, debt activity and legal entity entries.
- Monitor and analyze accounting data and produce financial reports or statements
- Ensure Corporate Financial Policies are being followed
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies and principles
- Manage internal audits of the Mississauga location when they occur and respond to all interim testing requests from external auditors.
- Oversee annual control design self-assessment and SOX compliance
- Provide recommendations to the Controller and Business Management
- Improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions
- Assign projects and direct staff to ensure compliance and accuracy of financial data
- Meet financial accounting objectives
- Establish and maintain fiscal files and records to document transactions
- Manage a team of two reports
- Pension Accounting for Defined Contribution plans managed by corporate
- Work with tax team to provide financial data for tax filing
- Work closely with the local
finance team ( FP&A, payroll, accounts receivable, operations and treasury)
on a regular basis.
This job description is to be used as a guide for accomplishing company and department objectives, and only covers the primary functions and responsibilities of the position. It is in no way to be construed as an all-encompassing list of duties.
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm.
- University Degree from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum 5 years of progressive accounting is required.
- CPA Designation completion required.
- Prior SAP experience.
- University degree in Accounting preferred.
- Prior experience managing several business units or a business matrix
- Prior experience managing people
- Experience with US GAAP
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship
- No relocation provided. Candidates must reside within 80 km of Toronto to be considered.
- Professional office environment
- Lengthy hours required during month end
- Extra focus and concentration is required during month end
- Very infrequent travelling to corporate partner in the US
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No