Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sourcing & Engineering Manager
1. Manage P&E SCM SSC operations from both short term and long term perspective to execute the supply chain
functional strategy of the corporation.
2. Benchmark the market trend and technologies and proactively build organizational capability and capacity to effectively
partner with stakeholders for driving purchasing excellence.
3. Closely work with Global Commodity Managers, International Purchasing Office and the Global Purchasing council for
supporting global Purchasing initiatives and driving standard approach for Leveraging ONE Eaton. These may include
spend analysis, Zero based cost estimations, developing Negotiation Fact packs, supply base optimization projects
through data analytics and market analysis
4 Partner with Engineering for VAVE Projects , developing & Testing of Prototypes, post design Validation, part
rationalization initiatives, Support specific needs related to early supplier involvement and support in design for
5. Fostering employee involvement in continuous improvement efforts. Empowering teams to be decision makers in
a customer-oriented environment. Identify the right skill set needed for the organization and recruit right talent into
6. Develop annual operating and performance measurement plans that align resources with corporate goals and
objectives. Establish monitoring mechanisms to identify both areas for improvement and recognition.
7. Collaborate with P&E Program Manager and Business SCM stakeholders to identify the need and transition suitable
processes or activities to SCM SSC Pune.
8. Work with sending side and Internal stakeholders to deliver flawless launch of new transitions and deploy sustainable
processes, as per customer requirements on Time, Quality and Business Impact.
9. Develop customer relationships and monitor customer satisfaction on a regular basis, aligned with global SCM approach
10. Responsible for establishing and maintaining service level agreements for each customer and activity and leading
Performance enhancement reviews.
Basic Mandatory Qualifications:
- B.E from a premier institute is a MUST
- MBA from a good institute preferred.
- Advanced, in depth knowledge on Global supply chain and industry.
- 15+ years of supply chain management experience. Exposure to SSC environment essential.
- Good exposure in Cost Estimation, Negotiations and Supplier assessments is important.
- Sourcing experience in key commodities like Casting, forgings, machining, Stamping, Electrical components
- Working knowledge on part development tools & methodologies (including, but not limited to DFM, APQP, PPAP)
- Should have exposure in elemental costing of parts related to commodities such as machining, Castings, Forgings,
- Should have worked in analyzing Total Cost of Ownership of products.
- Should have actively engaged with Engineering function for developing new products and executing VAVE projects
- Experience with managing Sourcing projects at global level a must.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical, written and oral communication (including presentation) skills
Other Desired qualifications :
- Strong program management skills, including change management
- Excellent influencing / negotiation skills and ability to work multi-dimensionally in a complex business environment -
ability to influence upward, peer-wide, and downward;
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Able to read the engineering drawings and specifications.
- Ability to work effectively within teams
- Knowledge of data management in Microsoft Excel and Access
- Self-directing and self-motivating
- An individual with a strong sense of urgency
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time