Technology Manager - Data Science
In addition to the above responsibilities, this individual must collaborate with the various product teams, application engineering, divisional engineering and the global marketing organization to create technology roadmaps and develop critical engineering capabilities, both resources and tools, that help the business grow. The manager is also responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with the external technical community and academia, and leveraging these partnerships for significant advancements in research in the area of IoT and Data Science as relevant for Eaton. Specifically, the candidate will provide leadership to the department in terms of guidance, coaching and development of the technical staff; selection and retention of employees; management of the project portfolio; and administrative leadership for the department.
Champion global technology realization programs utilizing our internal project execution processes, including Gate Reviews, Design Reviews, and Technical Reviews.
Direct the development of advanced technology projects, monitor achievements and review progress. Collaborate with Program Managers in the development of detailed project plans. Lead globally diverse cross-functional project teams effectively and manage selected projects under the guidelines of our internal stage-gate process.
Manage customer relationships, maintaining customer satisfaction and manage the scope appropriately. Monitor and report overall performance of portfolio projects. Responsible for periodic Project Status Reports, Quarterly Reports and other reports using specified reporting processes.
Develop global strategies for technology roadmaps that are linked to and supportive of the overall business strategies. Create action plans to drive strategies to realization.
Identify, evaluate and transfer leading technologies that pertain to existing, as well as, potentially new product lines.
Implement policies and procedures on the safeguarding of proprietary engineering matters and monitors adherence.
Foster an environment for creativity while promoting the generation of value added intellectual property. Maintain and defend existing patents that cover the technology needs of the businesses.
Find and incorporate best practices in Iot and Data Science technologies from outside Eaton Corporation. Cultivate and manage relationships with institutions of advanced learning and maintain a linkage to leading peer corporations and Universities to accomplish this.
Train, develop, and motivate subordinates to achieve their professional goals and review their accomplishments.
- Lead and develop employees. Fully utilize those resources to meet global objectives. Facilitate global communication and cooperation between locations.
- Masters Degree in one of the following fields: Computer Science, Data Science, Electrical / Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Applied Mathematics or Statistics with at least 10 years of industry experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience in managing Research and Technology Programs in industry (R&D or product engineering) and/or academia.
- PhD preferred in one of the following fields: Computer Science, Data Science, Electrical / Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Applied Mathematics or Statistics with at least 10 years of industry experience
- Willing and able to apply six sigma methodologies including QFD, design of experiments, and reliability engineering in the course of their work. Green belt or black belt certification in DFSS or DMAIC is highly desired.
- Proven track record of delivering technology concepts through to commercialization is desired.
- Possess strong business acumen and the ability to understand and formulate compelling value propositions.
- Demonstrated track record working from customer requirements through systems architecture concepts through to a multi-generation product plan. Ideally the candidate will have experience executing the entire cycle.
- Proven track record for IP generation and publications in reputable peer-reviewed journals is desired.
- Experience in writing government proposals is also desired; demonstrated success as evidenced by being selected for funding and successful execution of government sponsored projects is preferred.
- Candidates should demonstrate strong initiative and drive for results as well as good interpersonal and teaming behaviors. Good written and verbal skills are required.
- Collaborative orientation.
- Globally astute. Understands how to adapt communication style to fit different cultures.
- Self-motivated and goal oriented individual.
- Position requires up to 25% travel domestic and international.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring region only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time