Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Power Electronics Testing Engineer
The Eaton European Innovation Center (EEIC) offers an exciting, engaging, and fun environment for creative engineers who are looking for great learning, advancement, and technology leadership opportunities in a broad range of technological fields and in an highly diverse team of researchers and engineers.
With over 100 employees we are a vibrant Engineering and Innovation Center for electrical, vehicle, hydraulic, and aerospace applications for the region focus on businesses in Europe, Middle-East & Africa.
Eaton’s Corporate Research & Technology Centre of Excellence opened a new position for a
Power Electronics Testing Engineer
The role description:
The power electronics testing engineer will coordinate and execute power electronics development including building and testing power electronics and play a key role in driving the development of technology platforms, common building blocks, and design methodologies to be leveraged by multiple business units
• Performs power electronics and analog/mixed signal electronic functional testing
• Collects and analyzes test data to improve/optimize the designs
• Constructs, tests, and troubleshoots prototype devices
• Collaborates with power electronics, mechanical, thermal, and firmware engineers to successfully test and validate the designs
• Works with power electronics design engineers to develop test plans, write test specifications, select measurement equipment, and build test fixtures
• Works with power electronics design engineers in the analysis, investigation, and resolution of engineering problems
• Develops appropriate test documentation and make technical presentations.
• Be responsible for a lab and equipment
• Qualification in electrical engineering or mechanical engineering or equivalent
• Broad knowledge in power electronics and analog/digital circuitry
• Related experience in testing power electronics
• Familiar with test equipment such as oscilloscopes, signal generators, power supplies and other standard lab equipment
• Experience building power electronics test fixtures and knowledge of high voltage safety (electrical standards 50/1978 Sb., §6, 1000V - welcome)
• PCB layout experience and soldering skill
• Ability to learn new skills, technical knowledge, products, or industry
• Good understanding of power electronics, analog/digital circuitry, and, PCBA design practices
• Experience creating 3D-CAD assemblies
What Eaton offers:
• Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
• Excellent working environment – safety and ethics is really important for us
• Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
• Learning & Development - we invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University (on-site in Prague)
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19,7 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Environmental Health & Safety
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time