- Working with multidisciplinary and geographically diverse teams, the individual will
- Identifies novel opportunities to develop new solution offerings for Eaton’s businesses
- Identify, evaluate, recommend and transfer mature technologies pertaining to existing or new product lines
- Lead the development of advanced technology projects, co-ordinate with globally diverse cross-functional project teams effectively and deliver technology solutions
- Generate Intellectual Property and trade secrets in the areas of Eaton’s interest.
- Provides technical leadership in the technology areas of focus
- Collaborate with Eaton’s product teams, global experts, external partners and extended teams to enable technology development
- Does schedule and resource planning, budgeting and executes the programs to achieve the project objectives with-in the desired time and cost.
- Communicates in right amount and frequency to all stake-holders and teams on the project status and progress. Identifies risks ahead in time and seeks help to ensure project and team goals.
- Presents Eaton’s technologies and solutions to internal and external stake-holders
- Provides mentorship to other members of the team and promotes a learning culture
- Deploys existing processes and brings change in a collaborative and constructive manner.
- Actively participates in internal and external learning forums & professional bodies.
Master’s Degree Or Ph.D. in Electrical/Electronics/Systems/Controls Engineering / or equivalent technical field from accredited institutions.
- Master’s Degree (5-9 years) or Ph.D. (2-5 years) experience in power systems technologies focused on distributed energy resource management, microgrids, smart-grids, grids of future, power converters, connected systems, asset health management and smart products.
- Within innovation or research and technology organizations from major MNCs and/or Overseas experience (e.g. Degrees, exchange research program) highly desirable.
- Proven track record of delivering technology concepts through to commercialization is desired.
- Proven track record of being able to formulate, articulate, promote and execute cohesive advanced technology solutions development.
- Demonstrated track record working on customer requirements through system architecture concepts through to a multi-generation product plan.
- Demonstrated excellence including hands-on experience in the area of electrical power systems, distributed energy resources, integration of renewables, protection in traditional grids, smart grids and grids with renewables, power electronic converters, connected systems and asset health monitoring.
- Working experience in developing algorithms, performing engineering analytics, system modeling and hardware-in-loop systems will be added advantage.
- Possess strong business acumen and the ability to understand and formulate compelling value propositions and to understand and drive through value and adoption chain.
- Proven track record for IP generation and publications in reputed peer-reviewed journals is desired.
- Hands-on experience with engineering tools like Matlab/Simulink, PSIM, PSPICE, PSCAD and experience in building experimental setups and conducting disciplined experiments would be desired.
- Ability to apply Design for Six Sigma methodologies including QFD, DoE and reliability engineering in the course of their work. Green belt certification in DFSS or DMAIC is highly desired.
- Experience in leading projects with multiple stakeholders in matrix organization and strong project management experience is required.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Requisition ID: 046983