Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Eaton’s Electrical Division is seeking a talented Entry Level Manufacturing Engineer for the Greenwood, SC facility.
The Manufacturing Engineer will focus on process improvements for the Capacitor and Network Protector product lines. Responsibilities will include day to day support of the manufacturing team as well as longer-term strategic planning and project management. The Manufacturing Engineer will be called upon to prioritize department opportunities, research and identify potential improvements, and manage the complex projects to implement changes.
- Lead efforts to proactively identify opportunities to improve Safety, Quality, Productivity, and reduce Cost.
- Prioritize safety and develop solutions for open concerns.
- Provide day to day support for the manufacturing team, including troubleshooting for assembly, material, tooling, or engineering concerns.
- Develop or purchase manufacturing equipment, fixtures, and tooling.
- Create and Improve manufacturing documentation, including operator method sheets (work instructions), standard work, and other instruction.
- Employ Value Stream Maps to evaluate process current state and plan/execute future state.
- Implement Cost Reduction projects.
- Utilize lean tools, kaizen, and six sigma - train the production team.
- Manage capital spend projects for production equipment.
- Participate with multi-functional product development teams to ensure manufacturability of new designs through the ProLaunch process.
- Identify resource needs for the plant, assist in preparing budgets and major appropriation requests.
- Foster an environment that promotes Eaton’s values and philosophies and encourages continuous improvement through participation and teamwork.
- Bachelor's Degree or currently pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology from an accredited institution with an anticipated graduation date no later than May 2018.
- Must be authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship.
- Position requires clear communication with the production team and other functional groups including engineering, front-end resources and plant management.
- Will be called upon to lead training for other teams.
- A broad knowledge of problem solving, LEAN and quality tools.
- Experience in manufacturing operations, preferably Electromechanical assembly.
- Knowledge of a wide variety of manufacturing processes including assembly and pull systems.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing Systems and Six Sigma methodology.
- Six Sigma Green Belt.
- Project management experience.
- Experience with SAP, MS Office including Visio, and AutoCAD.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PRD Power Reliability Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time