Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Machinist - 1st Shift
Use existing CNC programs
Set up and produce acceptable first articles, within tolerances and conditions as indicated on the blueprints, routers (RPS), and sketches, on all machinery and/or hand tooling
Set up and operate one or more of the following: CNC lathe, Radax, trim & roll equipment, manual lathe, CNC mill, manual mill
Operate sizer and hand deburr
Read and interpret all prints, sketches, RPS instructions, QAPs, QCPs, and all special instructions that pertain to parts processed in the area
Achieve and maintain self-inspection status
Determine when a machine or tool is not operating safety and correctly
Know all setup procedures, the problems that can occur, and the correct procedure to eliminate the problem
Properly fill out all paperwork as required and accurately input data into computer system
Achieve and maintain acceptable job efficiency
Provide training instruction as required
Set up for others
Adhere to work instructions and standard work
Follow all MESH processes and procedures
Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- No relocation is provided, only candidates that currently live within 50 miles of the Toccoa, GA facility will be considered.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.”
- Proficiency in E-docs, MFG-PRO
- Mechanical ability
- Competent use of the following measuring tools and gages: inside and outside micrometers, dial and vernier calipers, tapes, steel rules, manual optical comparator, depth gages, protractors, radius gages, profilometer, and indicators
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No