Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Facilities Maintenance Mechanic
Eaton located in Grand Rapids, MI has an opening for a Facilities Maintenance Technician- 1st Shift.
Responsible for planning, organizing, coordinating, and executing the activities of maintenance, rearrangement and/or repair of all plant facilities, including buildings, grounds, building equipment and related assets.
Responsible for advising Eaton Grand Rapids management in all areas concerning the Environmental (MESH) policies, practices, principles, procedures, methods and techniques, which may include recommendations concerning Engineering systems, which meet all applicable operating requirements. This position is also responsible for the actions required to assist the site in implementing the required actions to ensure company compliance to the law.
- Plan, organize, manage or assist in the installation of all electrical and mechanical equipment.
- Plan, organize, manage or assist in the maintenance of building, building systems, and peripheral structure
- Plan, organize, manage or assist in the implementation of all applicable EHS aspects such that the site maintains compliance to all state, federal, and company requirements. Establish site goals and action plans for Energy, Water, and Waste Reduction.
- Establish and maintain spare parts inventory for repair of machinery and related equipment. Including oils and greases used in maintenance of machinery and equipment.
- Plan, organize, manage or assist in shop floor and office rearrangements as required.
- Preparation of forms and necessary documents used in the disposal and shipment of hazardous materials, chemical that exceed threshold in compliance with all applicable Federal, State and Local requirements. Order necessary supply of oils and greases used in maintenance of machinery and equipment.
- Keep informed of developments and trends affecting areas and responsibility and pro-actively promote change to increase operational effectiveness.
- Plan, organize, manage or assist in preventive maintenance program
- High school education or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Minimum 5 years of on the job maintenance experience
- No relocation provided. Candidates must reside within 50 miles of Grand rapids MI to be considered
- Must be authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Thorough knowledge of maintenance crafts (skills including: Basic Electrical, Basic Mechanical, Knowledge of Plumbing system, ) sufficient to plan, supervise and successfully complete assigned function.
- Apprenticeship experience
- Demonstrate leadership and planning abilities in completion of assigned responsibilities.
- Good interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective intra and inter-departmental relationships at all levels. Facilitate consensus solutions to effectively resolve problems and issues.
- Deploy effective Preventive Maintenance program for facility, ground, and equipment.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No