Construction Account Manager- Seismic Products
Eaton’s B-Line Division is currently seeking a Construction Account Manager - Seismic Products. This position will be based out of a home office in Southern California.
The Construction Account Manager is responsible for driving and increasing customer preference and demand for B-Line’s seismic product line in their assigned geographic region. In this role, you will meet with contractors to conduct office (and occasionally job site) visits to get an in-depth understanding of current and future projects/opportunities, provide on-site technical support and demonstrate product features and overall seismic service capabilities, to continue building and growing key customer relationships within a given territory. You will also be responsible for training our external audiences, including local agent sales teams and customers, as it pertains to the seismic product line.
The Construction Account Manager will be expected to provide the internal product management and engineering teams customer feedback on new product development projects. In addition, you will be expected to formulate customer needs and concerns into workable product specifications to be implemented by the product manager.
This position requires technical aptitude and strong communication skills to be able to make technical recommendations on product solutions. A highly entrepreneurial sense of urgency along with a passion for the industry is desirable, along with a drive to grow both personally and professionally.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will establish and maintain strong customer relationships and leading growth opportunities through all stages of the selling cycle.
- You will foster relationships with key management contacts at major/key contractor accounts (i.e. Project Management) located within the territory.
- You will overcome technical and business objections of prospective customers.
- You will work with distribution to coordinate the sale of seismic products.
- You will develop, update, and execute a territory penetration plan in coordination with sales and product marketing teams.
- You will understand and demonstrate the features and benefits of the seismic product line including training others on usage and applications.
- You will ensure appropriate technical assistance regarding product applications to end users, inspection and standards personnel, contractors, etc.
- You will understand industry codes and standards and is able to clearly present the information to contractors and customers.
- You will develop and present technical seminars for customers, contractors, and sales personnel, focused on industry standards, product features & benefits and overall service capabilities.
- You will be accountable for providing technical support and information to customers on a pre-sales and post-sales basis for product application, specification, interpretation and quotation support.
- You will develop, execute, and manage the new opportunity pipeline to ensure a high quality and healthy portfolio; leveraging extended resources to identify and execute new business opportunities.
- You will maintain thorough knowledge of the product portfolio and future application requirements.
- You will maintain a current knowledge of competitor’s products and identifies strengths and weaknesses compared to B-Line offerings.
Market and Product Information
- You will support the strategic planning process by informing the business of product trends and competitive conditions within the region, and supports new product releases and new/adjacent account development.
- You will work cross-functionally to recommend, develop, and execute new or modified programs to ensure a competitive position is maintained within the sales territory.
- You will recommend appropriate product usage to Consulting Engineers and Contractors. Selects suitable products from existing inventory and proposes/develops new products to meet customer demand.
- You will report on new product or process technology, new specifications required by customers, classification of new products; determines quality issues, and directs customer complaints regarding quality, tolerances, specifications, and delivered condition of products.
- You will identify current and future customer service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the commercial construction industry
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation is offered for this role. Only candidates currently residing within a 50 mile radius of the following locations will be considered: San Diego, CA, Irvine, CA, or Los Angeles, CA.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Structural, Civil, or Electrical Engineering
- MBA is a plus
- Experience designing, quoting, and/or working with seismic products
- Experience with 3D modeling programs
- Combination of technical and sales experience is ideal
- Familiarity with commercial building industry (NFPA codes), knowledge of the International Building Code and ASCE 7, other local codes, as well as an understanding of the seismic market preferred, OSHPD.
- Direct experience with fire protection, seismic bracing products, or MEP
- Excellent communication skills with ability to think on your feet to field technical questions
- Ability to learn, grow, and deal with ambiguity and change
- A strong bias towards action
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Effective in a matrix management environment
- Strong Business Acumen – must understand market and customer trends, customer needs and impact on future product development programs, new business case financials.
- Strong Customer interface skills. Ability to uncover customer needs and translate into winning capture strategies and value propositions
- Strong presentation and written communication skills
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com. At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time