Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
- Independently evaluates, selecting and applying standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria to complete new product design projects.
- Translates customer wants/needs into feasible product design concepts, collaborating with the marketing, manufacturing, sales, and quality teams to develop, validate and launch products into the market.
- Plans and drives projects task to conclusion meeting performance and cost objectives in a timely fashion, preparing print, specification, and analysis packages for final approval by group supervisor.
- Indirectly manages a multi-disciplinary project team, which is responsible for the development of new products. Responsible for planning, monitoring and controlling cost and schedule of project. Executes project planned activities as well as adjusting to unplanned circumstances. Project team will typically include members from engineering, product management/marketing, quality, manufacturing engineering, plant operations, and sales.
- Selects materials and manufacturing processes for new products, working with sourcing, quality, suppliers, and manufacturing team to ensure new products can be economically manufactured, while supporting product goal alignment with Eaton’s operational priorities of safety, quality, delivery, cost and inventory.
- Establishes and coordinates the planning and execution of test sequences to verify and validate designs and processes for the product.
- Coordinates with prototype development team and plant production team to execute production trial runs to create product prototypes and pilot run products required for prototype validation, product verification testing, and process validation.
- Utilizes six sigma tools and quality management system, such as statistical analysis, design of experiments, failure mode and effects analysis, control plans, and in developing robust design solutions.
- Employs rigorous problem solving techniques, determining root cause and developing appropriate permanent corrective actions to develop and improve design solutions.
- Reports and presents project progress throughout the lifecycle of the project to all levels of the organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum 1 year of experience in product development of electric/mechanical assemblies. Will also consider any engineering internships/co-ops to the minimum experience.
- Relocation is not available for this role. Candidates must currently reside within a 50 mile radius of the Ellisville, MO facility.
- Sponsorship is not available for this role. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis without company sponsorship
- Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Degree
- Experience working within quality management systems is desirable.
- Experience in testing techniques. Knowledge of power test equipment and measurement instrumentation is highly desirable.
- Experience working as automotive component supplier and familiarity with APQP processes and tools is desired.
- Knowledge in the design of components with varied manufacturing processes including: injection molding, stamping, machining, soldering, brazing and typical high volume assembly processes is desired.
- Knowledge of electrical circuit protection products, electrical distribution systems, and applicable industry standards is desirable.
- Familiarity in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, 3D CAD modeling tools, and Minitab.
- Strong Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Responsible for meeting new product performance and customer satisfaction goals
- Responsible for project expense and capital planning, monitoring and control
- Responsible for schedule attainment of launching new products
- Responsible for ensuring new product introductions meet manufacturing yield and quality goals.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD UL Bussmann
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time