Eaton Corporation located in Houston, TX has an opening for a Quality Supervisor.
The Quality Supervisor is the Manager of Quality systems and will have responsibility for the development, implementation and continuous improvement of the Quality Management Systems for the site to ensure full compliance with customer, industry and corporate quality requirements.
- Responsible for the continued execution and advancement of process based quality management systems (Eaton Quality System) in compliance with international quality and industry standards including ISO9001, ATEX, GOST, ABS, UL, CSA, ETL, etc.
- Lead the establishment and execution of short & long term strategic plans involving quality management system (QMS) development for end to end processes involving customer quality, supplier quality, receiving inspection, equipment calibration, control plan development for make products, and managing Cost of Non-Conformance
- Deploy all quality related established IT systems: Document Control, Corrective Action (SAP Quality Notifications), QC Inspection (SAP Inspection Lots), Real-Time SPC for internal and customer / supplier related processes
- Maintain, upgrade, and manage quality manuals, procedures, work instructions
- Support / lead management system development projects as an expert in QMS and Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP): Change Management Process, Built-In-Quality (DFSS), Design-for-Manufacture (DFM), Risk Management (FMEA), Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery Planning, etc.
- Facilitate Continuous Improvement culture by completing failure analysis, root cause identification, and corrective/preventive action using best practice methodologies such as A3, 8D, 5-Why, Fishbone Diagrams, DMAIC and PDCA through employee engagement.
- Responsible for the coordination/reporting of quality metrics to the organization that indicate customer satisfaction, and the efficiency and effectiveness of quality management systems.
- Overall the individual must understand core manufacturing processes and be able to interface in a positive manner with management and team members of all levels to achieve the organization’s objectives.
- Support Environmental, Health and Safety initiatives by championing deployment of corporate policies
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 4 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a quality role
- Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- No relocation is being offered for this role. All candidates must live within 50 miles of Houston, TX.
- MBA or Masters in Engineering or Quality
- Technical knowledge in machine function, processes, control systems, CNC
- Detailed abilities in capital equipment justification, project scheduling and managerial planning.
- Experience with SAP
- Experience with Lean Six Sigma
- Certification by the American Society for Quality as Six Sigma Black Belt or Certified Quality Engineer
- Ability to communicate with varies levels of an organization
- Maintain relationships with internal and external contacts
- Detailed knowledge of ISO9000 - 2015 quality system requirements
- Working knowledge of AIAG standards, including APQP and PPAP, gage R&R.
- Expert skills in using and training quality tools (i.e. A3, Fishbone Diagrams, 5-Whys, 8D, Gage R&R, FMEA, SPC, etc.).
- Excellent communication skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time