Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Materials Control Specialist
The primary responsibility of the Materials Control Specialist is to assist in the planning of materials, inventory control, logistics and distribution in order to exceed customer requirements. Ensure that all materials are controlled and in place to support stable plant operations.
- Accumulate material information regarding: rough materials status, work-in-process material and part usage on a weekly basis.
- Analyze schedule requirements from scheduling program and data base download.
- Establish lot size, due dates, and sequence for production groups to meet and exceed delivery requirements.
- Communicate and expedite rough material requirements, avoiding over-shipments and excessive transportation costs.
- Communicate schedule changes and updates to department supervisors.
- Monitor rough material delivery performance for imported suppliers.
- Develop plant schedules and assist operations with team.
- Bachelor’s degree or above
- Must have minimum of 3 years’ experience in materials management, planning inventory management, new product development and introduction, and materials planning
- Understand ERP system, production planning, purchasing, inventory management, logistics, warehousing and distribution.
- Fluent at both reading and writing English.
- Advance Data Management using Excel (Formulas, Filtering, Charts, Pivot, Vlookup, Data Validation, Conditional Formatting, Macro recording, Text/Logical / nested Functions etc.)
- Familiar with overall operation of SCM.
- Able to gather data from multiple systems and assimilate bigger data set.
- Automation of Reports
- Excellent communication, negotiation, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Highly responsible, with strong logical thinking ability and team spirit.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: PQD DPQD Distributed Power Quality Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No