Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Lead System Engineer
- Develop System to meet performance, safety and reliability requirements. Develop and improve controls standards and processes, contribute to industry technical papers and conferences;
- Work directly with engine & vehicle OEMs to develop & validate system functionality & optimal performance with Eaton Automated Transmissions to Eaton & customer requirements/specifications;
- Work closely with System Engineering and Controls Engineering to help define requirements, contribute to definition of hardware designs, calibrate vehicle embedded electronic modules;
- Make use of development tools such as DFMEA,DFSS, DFM/DFA and Concurrent Engineering in order to attend organizational target of a flawless launch;
- Lead and/or participate in structured peer level Design Review process to obtain approval of your design/implementation;
- Utilize FMEA and other reliability and safety processes to enhance design robustness;
- Lead and support vehicle modeling and simulation activities to predict performance and impact due to hardware variability. Support prototype and production OEM vehicle integration and development efforts from the driveline controls perspective (e.g., configuration, calibration and drivability);
- Develop presentations and reports (data, technology description, etc) to be presented to the customer.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Electronics or Mechatronic Engineering;
- Experience with automotive electronic product development;
- Experience with driveline, powertrain, or chassis system development;
- Experience interfacing with customers;
- Advanced English.
- Experience with CAN vehicle networks;
- Experience with Vector tools such as CANape and CANalyzer and ETAS INCA/MDA;
- MATLAB and Simulink experience.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Latin America
Organization: VEH CVT Commercial Vehicle Transmission
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time