Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Supply Chain Program Manager
Eaton's Vehicle Group has an immediate opening for a Regional SCM Program Manager to be located at either the Galesburg, Southfield, or Marshall, MI locations. This position will be responsible for the successful execution of supply chain deliverables for NPD Projects.
This role will manage SCM elements of new programs from design phase to production to meet all program timing, cost and quality requirements while acting as the primary conduit between the SCM organization and the business unit.This role will also assist with early supplier involvement in new product introduction to meet key SCM initiatives and alignment with commodity plans of the Vehicle Group. The incumbent will be responsible for coordinating with engineering, manufacturing, operations, purchasing and quality to ensure supplier readiness and successfully launch new projects.
- Lead and communicate program needs (cost targets, timing, manufacturing strategy, etc.) to commodity managers to provide pricing and capacity analysis in PROLaunch Phases 0-4
- Coordinate with commodity teams to ensure strategies align with strategic and profit plan
- Coordinate the exchange of technical information regarding products and product processing with adequate safeguards for confidentiality
- Drive supplier selection aligned with program timing, BOM cost targets, and quality requirements
- Facilitate scheduling and business unit involvement in Sourcing Councils for new product launches
- Ensure completion of negotiations with suppliers regarding price, terms, quality, tooling, transportation and inventory management
- Represent SCM function and participate in APQP activities for all new product launches for the business unit
- Oversee and track supplier tooling deliverables
- Manage change requests from engineering, quality and manufacturing to the supply base; coordinate with program team on change execution
- Represent and lead SCM function in PROLaunch and DGC gate reviews
- Actively participate in teams working towards continuous process improvements, elimination of waste, and overall supply chain continuity
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- 5 years of post-schooling professional working experience required and 3 years experience in supply chain management, program management, engineering, or strategic roles.
- Sponsorship is not available for this role, candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US on an ongoing basis without company sponsorship.
- No relocation is being offered for this role. All candidates must live within 50 miles of Galesburg, MI or Southfield, MI.
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA) from an accredited institution
- 5+ years of experience in supply chain management, program management, engineering, or strategic roles.
- Degree in supply chain management, engineering or business administration
- PMP Certification preferred
- Knowledge of or experience with industrial manufacturing processes
- Strong Communication and Presentation Skills
- Ability to lead and work cross functionally
- Ability to think Strategically
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills
- Understanding of key financial metrics
- Technical skills in driveline applications
- Blueprint reading skills
Ability to travel up to 10%
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time