Program Manager II
Manage the Lifecycle Financials of the NPD Program(s) and projects and have Responsibility, Authority and Accountability (RAA) for every project scope delivery and successful execution within technical, schedule, cost and quality commitments.
Execute IPT leadership across the Program. Seeks team input to promote rapid resolution to issues. Coaches and provides feedback/rewards on performance indicators.
Supervise the Project Managers assigned to the Program. Establish objectives and goals and provides direction to the program and project teams in areas of customer concerns, potential changes in scope and risk assessment. Facilitate the implementation of program management processes at the site, business unit or Division.
Manage effective customer communications. Improve organization responsiveness to customer requirements. Manage customer expectations and contractual commitments internal to the business.
Ensure standard program management processes are utilized and adequate support to the program and project teams by coordinating PM reviews, preparing & publishing PM metrics and reports.
Maintain metrics for program for earned value (CPI/SPI), quality, technical performance and delivery through all of the PROLaunch phases.
Coordinate all risks and requirements of the program into a complete integrated entity. This is accomplished by planning, controlling, integrating all projects into the programs and measuring all elements to ensure the requirements and goals are successfully achieved.
Manage customer contract, pricing, terms and conditions and contractual flow-down through the organization. Establish and negotiate pricing strategies by system and/or product, market and by customer. Develop contract negotiation strategies. Ensure effective change management process is utilized.
Provide periodic program updates (Program Status Report – Green/Yellow/Red) of current situation relating to contractual milestones and problem/high risk areas (e.g., technical, cost, and schedule). Provides updates to the business units as well as divisional, and group levels.
Play a key role in developing New business proposals and executing the overall program plan.
Provides overall Program interface with the customer.
Coordinate and monitor Vehicle Group program technical personnel across multiple sites.
- Bachelors degree required; Engineering degree preferred
- Minimum 8 years experience in Program Management; or a combination of Program Management with some Engineering and/or Product Development Management
- Experienced in Vehicle New Product Development (NPD) programs
- Proven Leadership skills - capability to lead change in an Integrated Team (IPT) environment across multiple sites and customers globally.
- Fully demonstrating to proficient in Program and Project Management methodologies, processes and tools
- Project Management Institute (PMI) accreditation (PMP) highly recommended
- Excellent communication and presentation skills – both verbal and written with ability to make necessary status reports and technical presentations to Eaton management and customer
- Experience in Risk Management
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen
- Broad knowledge of the Vehicle industry
- Experience managing programs with: 1) components / subsystems / systems scope of responsibility, 2) Moderate customer business risk, 3) Moderate to high NRE budgets, and 4) High Revenue Growth Program value
- Must be capable of leading effectively in diverse cultural situations with our global Vehicle customers and team members.
- Must be capable of initiating and providing recommendations for Division and Group Senior Leadership Team’s review and approval that will achieve desired customer outcomes
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Program / Project Management
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH CVT Commercial Vehicle Transmission
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time