Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Supplier Development Engineer SCM
- Works directly with suppliers where Quality or Delivery performance, or business risk demands robust corrective action and improvement. Utilizes expertise and a wide range of tools to identify and lead improvement actions including Problem Solving, Auditing, Material Management, and Load & Capacity planning.
- Conducts initial Supplier Site Assessments (SSA) to evaluate risk with New Suppliers prior to their addition to the ASL
- Performs capability (Product, Process, Materials Management) assessments and where necessary, Special Process Audits with key suppliers to evaluate the application of advanced quality tools, manufacturing capabilities, material management, and lean maturity. Supports the development of subsequent improvement plans and coordinates milestones & completion of actions against an agreed project charter.
- Assesses Production Rate Readiness with suppliers that are undergoing significant industrial transfers to ensure risks are understood, and coordinates the timely completion of actions to eliminate supply chain disruption.
- Actively supports supply chain cost-out projects and new product introduction by working closely with suppliers from development through to production launch, ensuring compliance to process, and coordinating on time submission or FAI’s or PPAPs as required.
- Coaches suppliers in the deployment of key business processes such as 8D Problem Solving, Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), SIOP and Material Management.
- Monitors performance, communicates expectations and required actions for all assigned suppliers. Supports & protects the Business as a Voting Member on Divisional Gate Reviews.
- Functions as a liaison between suppliers and internal functions/plants (Engineering, Quality, Operations etc.) to clarify requirements, facilitate communication and drive accountability for improvement actions.
- Educates suppliers in Eaton Aerospace internal processes to achieve optimal alignment with Eaton manufacturing plants.
- Leads cross-functional teams in the development and deployment of effective supplier related policies, processes, and procedures per AS 9100 and customer requirements. Leads the deployment and training of both internal and external stakeholders worldwide.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Manufacturing Engineering, Quality, or Supply Chain
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis without company sponsorship.
- Lead auditor qualification
- Lean training and hands on experience is desirable
- MBA is a plus
- Basic knowledge of quality systems (ISO/TS16949, AS9100), methods and practices including APQP, FMEA, Control Plan, MSA, and PPAP
- Six Sigma Greenbelt or Blackbelt
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER Aerospace Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time