Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Continuous Improvement Manager – EMEA Office Services
Eaton Corporate Division has an opening for :
Continuous Improvement Manager - EMEA - Office Services
Location: Hungary - Budapest
Lead the Operational Excellence function, including Continuous Improvement, Lean and Six Sigma, within Business Services and Administrative locations for both Corporate and Electrical Sector in the EMEA region. The role will be responsible to establish performance metrics, set objectives and execute Continuous Improvement in all areas of the site, drive functional competency improvement and nurture cultural change through deployment of change management techniques.
The role is responsible for ensuring CI is applied in the end to end (Customer-Eaton-Supplier) process for all central functions in our shared business service locations, including those processes linked to manufacturing and distribution locations.
Ensure customer satisfaction is enhanced through the application of Lean/CI initiatives and the development/ deployment of robust standardized & sustainable processes throughout. The incumbent will work with all process owners to ensure that all CI process changes are approved by them, prior to implementation.
- Lead the continuous improvement function for Business Services and Administration for all Corporate and Electrical Sector driving functions to establish a culture of continuous improvement.
- Establish and lead working teams to execute CI initiatives utilizing EBS and lean tools: develop and deploy standardized processes, establish performance metrics, develop and deploy standard work / policies, develop and or provide process training, develop and deploy tools and templates, help develop processes to support transition.
- Support the transition of processes ensuring lean principles have been established prior to, and where necessary upon, the movement of the process. Ensure KPI and performance measurements are taken at point of transition.
- Coordinate and support the facilitation of a training/ program on all elements of the Continuous Improvement Framework (CIF), Six Sigma and Lean tools. Ensure that tools, resources and instructional materials are developed, updated as necessary and maintained to meet ongoing needs in order for local leaders to become independent in performing their own lean/CI initiatives. Establish and maintain a library of detailed standard work documentation for running kaizen workshops.
- Leverage EBS tools, Continuous Improvement techniques, change management methodologies and best practices to identify issues, develop a solution, drive corrective actions, and measure results. Capture lessons learned and provide to businesses.
- Partner with site leadership teams to develop plan and facilitate EBSPull process deployment to meet Eaton standard processes and business goals by leading the development and implementation of the sites EBS strategy, actions and cross-functional activities.
- Utilize EBS tools to eliminate waste while driving customer satisfaction, cost reduction, and improved efficiency performance. Responsible for sustaining the results achieved through follow-up reviews with the Business Leaders and Controllers, monthly reporting of bottom line cost savings in alignment with Controlling, Cost Out Database, Encore and white book as appropriate.
- Building local organizational capability and deployment of Continuous Improvement Framework (CIF), including the monitoring of CIF deployment through a tracking tool.
- Coordinate with Business Services Centers globally to establish best and transferrable practices throughout the organization. Ensure regular reviews are undertaken.
- University Degree or equivalent in engineering/manufacturing, technical or related field. MBA or equivalent highly desirable.
- Min. 10 years of experience with progressive levels of responsibility in manufacturing necessary, experience in business services would be a significant advantage.
- The candidate should be a certified expert in all Lean, Six Sigma and Manufacturing Excellence tools and processes, experience in Logistics and material flow improvements, will have a strong work ethic, will strive for performance excellence and have the ability to drive change and influence others.
- Experience of applying of lean tools in an environment of high complexity dominated by IT lead transactions is an advantage.
- A successful candidate for this position should have a track record of leading and/or participating in successful, complex change management efforts, preferably cross-functional, cross-businesses and/or –regions
- Must demonstrate financial acumen, strategic ability, strong business acumen, and strong change leadership capabilities.
- A fluent and highly articulate communicator with excellent interpersonal and influencing skills throughout all levels of the organization.
- The candidate will have experience in managing change and building a strong lean culture.
- Desktop Analytics (MS Excel and PowerPoint skills are a necessity).
- Demonstrated strong ability to achieve results.
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross functional teams in the development and implementation of initiatives in a highly diverse and matrixed organization.
What Eaton offers:
Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
Excellent working environment – safety and ethics is really important for us
Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day.
Learning & Development- We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University.
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Operational Excellence
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time