Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Manager Continuous Improvement
- Partner with Supply Chain and Operational Leaders to identify and prioritize portfolio of Functional Excellence initiatives.
- Build and maintain a team of Continuous Improvement experts in both the central team and in the operations that will support the businesses across the region and ultimately feed the businesses with talent. A resource pool will be developed that can be deployed into a business to support competitiveness improvement projects (small or big kaizen). The pool will be developed to be future leaders of Eaton through plant manager roles.
- Provide a focal point (the “go to” person) for consolidation of global initiatives and strategy into regional performance and provide leadership in helping the businesses recognize and adopt best practices.
- Partner with the business, plant and functional leadership teams to develop plans and facilitate EBS-Pull process deployment to meet Eaton standard processes and business goals by leading the development and implementation of the site EBS strategy, actions, and cross-functional activities.
- Establish and lead working teams to execute enterprise-wide initiatives: develop and deploy process, establish performance metrics, develop and deploy standard work / policies, develop and or provide process training, develop and deploy tools and templates, select systems and help develop CARs to support acquisition/deployment.
- Leverage EBS tools, Continuous Improvement techniques, change management methodologies and best practices to identify issues, develop a solution, drive corrective actions, and measure results. Capture lessons learned and provide to businesses.
- Utilize EBS tools to eliminate waste while driving customer satisfaction, cost reduction, and improved working capital performance. Ensure through robust processes and regular reviews with the Business Leaders and Controllers that all cost productivity gains in Operations, Logistics and Administration activities “hit the bottom line”.
- Act as a resource to assist in improvement activities including EBS training, mentoring, facilitating Kaizen events, Six Sigma projects, tool deployment, benchmarking, etc.
- Work through business and site leadership to support the continuous improvement teams, corporate EBS initiatives, provide monthly reporting and scheduled regular CI / EHS progress feedback with Business VP/GM’s and Business CI/OPEX Leads to ensure support alignment and collaboration.
- Responsible for working with divisional and site leadership and for co-developing the continuous improvement plans within the specified area of responsibility utilizing Integrated Deck Building and EBS Pull.
- Responsible for execution of the key breakthrough continuous improvement projects (key needle mover projects) within the specified area of responsibility, including the achievement of stretch performance goals.
- Champion Eaton Lean Six Sigma (ELSS) tools, processes and training and use in a disciplined and rigorous way to achieve stretch performance goals while building organizational capability of business and site lean coordinators.
- Responsible for sustaining the results achieved through follow-up reviews, monthly reporting of bottom line cost savings in alignment with Controlling, Cost Out Database and Encore.
- Building of local organizational capability and deployment of Continuous Improvement Framework (CIF), including the monitoring of CIF deployment through a tracking tool.
Minimum 10 years’ experience in Supply Chain, Operational Excellence, Business Leadership acumen and people Management is essential
Masters in Business Administration and/or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Supply Chain / Logistics preferred.
Certification by renowned consultant or from affiliated Toyota practitioners. Very hands-on and good experience in using ELSS tools and facilitating Rapid Improvement Events (RIEs) with strong process observations during shop-floor/office/warehouse visits (Gemba) and with demonstrated results.
Strong influencing, negotiation, coaching and consulting skills
Aptitude for analyzing business needs, determine appropriate solutions and/or opportunities and deploy them
Leads and monitors product and process improvements and ensures quality and productivity issues are resolved by eliminating the root cause.
Hands-on with a focus on teaching, doing, transfer of best practices & acting as custodian of standard Eaton processes and is a respected expert.
Strong analytical skills and understanding of problem solving techniques/tools including six sigma, 8D, QOS and balanced scorecard and goal setting. Six Sigma Black or Green belt preferred.
Experience in deploying lean culture in an organization. Engaged with a plant and supported the lean culture deployment from the beginning will be an advantage
A successful candidate for this position should have a track record of leading and/or participating in successful, complex change management efforts, preferably cross-functional, cross-businesses and/or -regions – advise and counsel management in developing strategies to drive implementation of initiatives and employee empowerment
Senior/Lead Assessor status in EBSA (former EBEA) and OpA preferred (or equivalent for external candidates)
Experience within a Multi-Location Manufacturing / Assembly plant environment an advantage.
Project management skills (ProLaunch preferred).
Outstanding communication, customer service and interpersonal skills necessary to converse with diverse group of stakeholders including senior management, Operations and Supply Chain Management personnel.
Demonstrated ability to lead cross functional teams in the development and implementation of initiatives in a highly diverse and matrixed organization.
This position requires self-motivation in analytical and problem solving skills, which include knowledge of Supply Chain and Operations.
This position requires effective management abilities for understanding and organizing processes, services and materials toward effective outcomes.
This position requires an individual who contributes to the achievement of the ES EMEA Supply Chain organization vision, strategies and goals and who works effectively with others in a group / team setting.
This position requires skills in managing cross-functional teams
This position requires absolute adherence to Eaton’s Professional and Ethical Standards
The incumbent should also have sufficient “management presence”, polish and credibility to be effective at communicating new concepts to and changing the behaviour of senior operating management
50-70% travel required
Must be willing to provide hands on lean deployment leadership
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Operational Excellence
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time