Lead Power Systems Controls Engineer
- You will design power Systems Controls.
- You will design program Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s) & Human Machine Interfaces (HMI’s).
- You will program Protection relay schemes to implement controls with or without Data Concentrator.
- You will manage hyper scale data center projects to implement power system controls, factory & witness testing, and on-site commissioning with the support from other team members.
- You will support negotiations through consultation, sales calls, and training.
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) programming and the deployment of power automation projects
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation is provided. All candidates must reside within a 50 mile radius of the work locations listed.
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
- PE License
- Data center customer experience
- Knowledge and understanding of best engineering practices for design of automation systems, power management systems, human-machine interface software, PLC programming, etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of protection relays based monitoring and control systems.
- Working knowledge of test equipment and diagnostic instruments for automation and power management systems.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting, test and repair techniques.
- Understanding of the company’s and competitor’s automation and power management systems and services.
- Strong computer literacy - Working knowledge of all software packages relevant to successful performance of tasks.
- Knowledge and practice of safety precautions related to working with automation and power systems.
- Has demonstrated ability to provide service and represent company interests in developing customer relationships to assure long-term customer satisfaction.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication/presentation skills
- Experience with AutoCAD
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time