Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Design, develop, implement, and improve safe and environmentally responsible manufacturing processes:
Uses MESH (Eaton Environmental, Safety and Health process), and other Eaton and industry standard practices
Designs processes to ensure that components and assemblies meet all internal and external customer quality specifications (Eaton Quality System, AS9100, and NADCAP).
Ensures processes are efficient in terms of capital intensity and human resources by implementing Eaton Lean Six Sigma tools
Active membership of a High Performance Work Team (HPWT)/Focus Factory to support on-time delivery of customer orders through the manufacturing process excellence, including troubleshooting machine and tooling problems, supporting the DMR process for review and disposition of non-conforming materials, implementing continuous flow concepts, and training production employees to execute processes.
Design equipment, gauging, and tooling utilizing CATIA solid modeling software and other engineering analysis and design tools. Work with suppliers and purchasing to procure equipment, tooling, and supplies as required. Specific equipment requirements include manual assembly, semi-automatic equipment and pressure testing.
Create and maintain PFMEAs, routers, equipment PMs, technique sheets, and equipment programs to ensure safety, quality, and cost targets are achieved.
Mentor others in Manufacturing Engineering competencies, processes, and lean concepts.
Work directly with manufacturing operators to troubleshoot and improve processes, including fabrication, assembly, measuring, and testing of products produced.
Collect and analyze manufacturing data and metrics to aid in design and improvement of processes.
Manage activities and budgets for manufacturing and process improvement projects, including the development of the project management requirements and all implementation documentation.
Proficient at AIAG or equivalent tools for Measurement System Analysis, Capability Analysis, SPC and FMEA
Provide support to launch projects through ProLaunch team as required to achieve a flawless launch.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of engineering experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Experience in hose assembly, manual assembly/test, metal fabrication and bend, welding/brazing, chemical processes, and/or production processes.
- Prior experience working in an Aerospace environment.
- Lean/Six Sigma certification.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time