Team Lead - IT, Asset Management
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com.
Eaton India Information Technology Center (EITC) is focused on the key objective of creating value for Eaton’s Enterprise IT needs and contributes to key strategic objectives by leveraging the talent base in global and regional initiatives that improve Eaton’s competitive advantage, standardization and drive cost out. EITC provides an environment and opportunity to accelerate individual careers in a challenging environment that provides exposure to a world class Information Technology footprint. Employees at EITC are currently part of a globally diverse team of IT professionals who own and deliver solutions to our internal and external customers through capabilities in areas such as ERP, Engineering, Customer Facing Solutions, Business Intelligence, Architecture, Integration, Infrastructure, QA, Application development, Project Management, Security and Compliance etc.
At EITC, we are currently looking for experienced IT professionals to join our FINCOE, which is an integral part of the global IT organization with a charter to conceive, deliver and sustain solutions that enhance top line growth and earnings. Primary function for this role is to support Enterprise IT’s Asset Management function in managing Eaton’s hardware and software inventory and licensing, handling leased asset tracking and billing for North America’s leased laptops, desktops & servers, supporting the RDC end of lease processes, and carrying out operational activities including Remedy ticket resolution. This position is also expected to act as the working leader for the Asset Management team with the responsibilities of supervision of day to day work. This role is also expected to partner with the IT Procurement team pertaining to procurement requests and weekly loads.
· Monitor timely execution of all Asset Management tasks including being the first level of escalation for customers related to the team’s work and processes and corrective actions for unfavorable metrics
· Support the RDC through processing end of lease hardware and software validation tickets and follow-up
· Ensure request fulfillment via Remedy tickets for Adobe Software and Datawatch Monarch Software Installation Requests and ad hoc tickets for Asset Management questions / requests
· Manage the lease chargebacks and invoice payment for the consolidated, new schedule and UPM billing
· Lead and supervise Asset Management team initiatives
· SIS Support – Provide non-routine support for asset management related queries for Global SIS
· Lead and/or participates in projects and improvement initiatives and ad hoc reporting as necessary
· Partner with the IT Procurement team to create a stronger integration and better performance between the two teams
· Bachelor degree in technology or business
· 5 Years of IT experience in managing team
· Hands-on experience with MS Office applications (particularly Excel) and Remedy
· Strong analytical and reporting skills
· ITIL certification preferred
· Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
· Be highly motivated and self-directed.
· Be dedicated to prompt response for queries and problem resolution to ensure customer satisfaction.
· Be detailed oriented.
· Effectively manage multiple priorities.
· Have strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
· Should be comfortable with cross functional teams in various geographies
· Good team player, ability to work as a part of team, not only be an individual performer but a contributor
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com. At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Job: Information Technology
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time