Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Quality Engineering Manager
Eaton’s Aerospace Division is seeking a Quality Engineering Manager. The Quality Engineering Manager will be based at our Beltsville, MD facility.
Provide leadership of Quality Engineers supporting Value Stream and Core Quality functions. Function as the technical liaison between suppliers and site regarding Quality and improvement activities.
- Develop strategic initiatives to drive improvements in inspection capacity and fidelity. Analyze Quality performance metrics to define, measure, analyze, improve and control Quality attributes
- Functional Quality lead on Quality training for Quality Engineers across all value streams
- Serve as technical lead on measurement tools, technique, statistical sampling, problem solving methodology, CMM, and statistical DOE for lean/continuous improvement projects. Lead improvement teams in the development and evaluation of process capability, process control plans, analysis, and process audits. Lead or support the implementation of Quality initiatives across site-wide. Functional back-up for QEs across value streams
- Manage directly, or support, resolution of Quality escalations
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum 3 years managerial experience
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Experience leading a technical team
- Bachelor’s in Engineering, Quality, or management
- Aerospace or Quality experience
- MS or MBA
- Lean/Six Sigma Green Belt of Black Belt certification
- ASQ CQE or CMQOE
- Detailed and working knowledge and application of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing per ASME Y14.5M.
- Detailed knowledge of AS9100/ISO 9001:2000 as well as AS9102
- Working knowledge of statistical process control methods.
- Working knowledge of lean principles
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only