Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Power Systems Controls Engineer
- Programming of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s)
- Write and deploy complex power transfer and other control schemes including Main-Tie-Main transfer schemes, load shedding/ peak shaving schemes, breaker control schemes, SCADA system development, and generator control.
- Knowledge and understanding of best engineering practices for design of automation systems, power management
- systems, human-machine interface software, PLC programming, etc.
- Working knowledge of test equipment and diagnostic instruments for automation and power management systems.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting, test and repair techniques.
- Computer literacy. Working knowledge of all software packages relevant to successful performance of tasks.
- Knowledge and practice of safety precautions related to working with automation and power management systems.
- Has demonstrated ability to provide service and represent company interests in developing customer relationships to
- assure long-term customer satisfaction.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication/presentation skills
- Experience with HMI (Human Machine Interface) software
- Experience with AutoCAD
- Knowledge and proficiency working with substation, SCADA, and industrial communication protocols including Modbus, Ethernet/IP, DNP3 and IEC 61850.
- Knowledge and proficiency working with Ethernet layer 2 and layer 3 networking and experience implementing industrial/OT type networks.
- Knowledge and proficiency working with Codesys logic programming software with a preference to structured text language.
- Knowledge and proficiency of common substation IED’s, protection relays, metering, event recorders, time synchronization, etc across multiple vendors.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 5 year of experience working with PLC programming and experience power automation projects
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Candidates must live within a 50 mile radius of the work location. No company sponsored relocation will be provided.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience working with PLC programming and experience interacting with the direct customer on a technical basis and managing and deployment of power automation projects
- Professional Engineering license
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time