Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Demand Analyst - FED
Eaton’s Aerospace division is seeking a Senior Demand Analyst in our Jackson, MI facility.
The overall purpose of this position is to facilitate the optimization of demand flow from customer order to supply base. The Demand Analyst will develop, deploy and be responsible for the business planning process that enables Customer Service, Program Management and Sales & Marketing teams to develop demand forecasts, and input to planning processes, production, inventory planning, and profit planning.
This role will be responsible for
driving a Demand Planning cycle that includes the generation of both a base
& event driven statistical forecast, facilitation of cross functional
meetings designed to gather market intelligence information to fine-tune the
forecast, and gaining consensus on a final forecast. The DA will also be
responsible for calculating and reporting on forecast accuracy and driving
continuous improvement activities to improve forecast accuracy and the
The DA will participate in monthly Sales and Operations Planning (SIOP) process designed to reconcile demand and supply based on constraints due to capacity, scheduling, materials, warehousing, distribution or technical issues.
- Analyze customer portal data signals and ensure they are appropriately executed in MRP.
- Balances current and future demand requirements with manufacturing and supplier capabilities/capacities to ensure completion of customer requirements.
- Build coordinated demand forecasts to better meet customer requirements, inventory and financial forecasts
- Support the coordination of market intelligence, customer forecasts and demand inputs from Customer Service, Sales & Marketing, New Product and Program management teams
- Support the monthly process to reconcile demand, supply and new product plans
- Support and define demand plan at item level for a rolling 18 month time period
- Compare actual intake and backlog to forecast to derive a monthly forecast accuracy measure
- Provide process oversight and problem resolution regarding EDI and EMT demand signals
- Other related activities as assigned
- Bachelors degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 3 years experience in order management, demand planning, forecasting and/or SIOP management functions
- Must be able to work in the United States of America on a continual basis without requiring company sponsorship
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), have been granted Political Asylum, or Refugee
- This role does not offer relocation. All applicants must reside within 50 miles of the Jackson MI Division Office to be considered for this role
- Inventory and production planning knowledge
- Customer Service experience
- Strong analytical abilities
- Experience using ERP statistical software packages
- Knowledge of demand management/forecasting tools, forecasting processes in sales, marketing operations, finance, manufacturing and supply chain issues
- Good communication and team building skills
- Attention to detail
- MRP functionality expertise
- Knowledge of key inventory performance metrics, turns, margin contributions, etc.
- Ability to lead cross-functionally.
- Ability to collaborate and influence result.
- Strong computer and data skills (i.e. Excel, Access database mgmt.)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time