Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Manufacturing Supervisor - Pre/Post Production
- Champion a Safety Culture through using MESH tools, safety best practices, and empowering all employees to take responsibility for their own safety as well as all of everyone they work with
- Manages proper inventory levels, transactional control, material flow, and packaging requirements.
- Creates process improvements for inventory management process, maintains inventory reports, analyzes material movement improvements, and establishes inventory locations and space utilization strategies. Responsible for 98% cycle count accuracy.
- Assists in Expediting material, where required, to meet customer requirements.
- Lead areas of responsibility in the use of EBS practices, including MESH, Eaton Lean Six Sigma (ELSS), EQS, ProLaunch, and BOS/BSC, with focus on performance of the entire value stream. Keep focus on meeting customer needs, both internal and external (Customer Centric Focus / KBKC)
- Utilize the Tiered Meeting process to track and analyze key operational metrics and implement actions to improve operational performance
- Direct day-to-day activities, including manpower movement, job assignments, time/attendance/vacation data, etc.
- Championing teamwork through the Continuous Improvement Framework process and use of ELSS tools to continuously improve operational performance. Participate in other CI Teams as appropriate
- Collaborate with the other Manufacturing Supervisors to schedule overtime, and execute to labor plan
- Coach employees one-on-one to address performance issues and drive operator accountability
- Establish and maintain a positive, engaged employee team sentiment through application of Eaton’s Values, Ethics, and Philosophies and empowering employees to make decisions, innovate, and work in a continuous learning environment
- Train and develop hourly team members, engage support team members in problem solving efforts
- Clearly define and communicate expectations, providing positive reinforcement when met and providing coaching and counseling as necessary when not met
- Additional responsibilities as assigned including periodic weekend supervision
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in a manufacturing or operations environment
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Relocation is not provided for this role. Only candidates residing within a 50 mile radius of Jackson, MI will be considered.
1 year of supervisory experience
Master’s degree from an accredited institution
Application experience in Lean Concepts and APICS Certification
One (1) year working experience in a shipping, distribution, logistics or supply chain management.
Full knowledge of materials planning systems (MRP/ERP) requirements and order generation process logic
Thorough understanding of Supply Chain Management operational concepts surrounding production planning, inventory control, purchasing, logistics, stockroom operations, and shipping/receiving
Detailed knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Process Variation Reduction (Six Sigma) concepts and tool sets as they relate to materials management
Computer Skills: demonstrated proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications, familiarity with MRP systems
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time