Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Electrical Controls Engineer
- Diagnose PC based control systems, including PLC ladder logic, using various computer programs including Rockwell and Siemens based software.
- Implement cost savings projects by evaluating and implementing new and improved processing techniques or electrical/controls enhancements.
- Design, plan, and implement electrical/controls upgrades on existing equipment for improved performance.
- Assist in the training and development of electronic technicians and other electrical engineers. Support manufacturing by assisting electronic technicians in troubleshooting and repairing complex electrical and electronic equipment.
- Provide innovative technical leadership to other engineering disciplines in the use of electrical and electronic products in their projects.
- Evaluate and improve manufacturing process work instructions and electrical/electronic drawings. Maintain electrical and electronic drawings using AutoCAD computer program.
- Recommend and review preventive maintenance programs, gauging systems, and machine controllers. Complete equipment proposals and purchases for these types of programs and systems.
- Evaluate new technologies in the electrical and electronic field for the purpose of incorporating these technologies in these manufacturing process. Utilize these technologies to improve production processes, part quality, and safety.
- Implement new types of testing and calibrating instruments to aide electronic technicians and other engineers troubleshoot and repair equipment.
- Evaluate machine vendor proposals for effective processor and programming requirements. Lend project technical and management support as necessary on new capital programs.
- Support ongoing improvement on OEE.
- Associate's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering Technology from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 1 years of experience in a manufacturing setting.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now and in the future.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering Technology from an accredited institution.
- In Depth Knowledge of PLC controls systems and architecture
- Experience with using CAD systems (PRO-E, AutoCAD, etc.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only