Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Lead Manufacturing Engineer
Eaton's Satellite Organization has an opening for Lead Manufacturing Engineer. The Lead Manufacturing Engineer will be located at our Charlotte, NC location.
The Lead Manufacturing Engineer leads Manufacturing Engineering, Facility Engineering and quality improvement projects, and executes lean manufacturing improvement activities. Executes strategic vision related to assigned functional responsibilities to include Cost out/ overhead optimization, CONC/DPPM reduction and leads Continuous improvement activities related to productivity and waste reduction improvements. Interface as necessary with Customers, Supply Chain, Engineering, Satellite Leadership, ELSS and other internal /external disciplines to assure safety, quality, and cost control.
- Applies knowledge of lean production systems to improve manufacturing processes and drive capacity through productivity. Develops and communicates business cases to change current processes that involve ESSG and Division improvement priorities and develops recommendations for improvement.
- Support needs of 16 Satellite Site Management teams to improve key “High 5” measures (quality/CONC, Productivity two major areas of focus for this role).
- Leads Facilities activities. Develops/oversees budgets and moves related to Satellite expansions and moves as required.
- Ensure completion of negotiations with facility move vendors regarding price, terms, quality, tooling, transportation.
- Maintains move playbook that includes ProLaunch processes approach to insure standardization for facility moves, analysis and execution.
- Supports Manufacturing Engineering and Tooling Engineering. Serves as the manufacturing capital equipment expert and improves flow by leveraging appropriate fabrication and flow technologies.
- Utilizes leadership skills and the ability to drive teamwork, across functional disciplines to drive lean thinking, Eaton Business System (ELSS/EQS) and Eaton’s Continuous Improvement Framework (CIF).
- Leads, develops and coaches to build problem solving capability in Satellite site leadership and direct reports.
- Serves as internal Lean subject matter expert and acts as a primary instructor for the ELSS training program and also serves as lead instructor for the Safety Observation and CIF train-the-trainer program.
- Ensures a strong foundation of process related standard work, implementing best practices, and information sharing among sites.
- Represents OPEX in ProLaunch and DGC gate reviews, with an eye for Value Engineering and Quality.
- Focuses primarily on “Design for Manufacturability” review, process flow, standardization and liaison with Product Lines and large plants for Manufacturing Engineering, Tooling, and continuous improvement.
- Support Scorecard / EPM Initiatives
- As assigned by OPEX Manager and Satellite Leadership.
- Bachelor's Degree in an engineering or technical discipline from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 2 years experience in either engineering, quality, operational excellence, or continuous improvement functional role
- Must be eligible to work in the US on an ongoing basis without company sponsorship
- Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in Industrial Engineering or Project Management from an accredited institution
- 5 Years of experience in manufacturing engineering, continuous improvement, lean six sigma, project management
- Experience in Capital Planning
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Lean Six Sigma Certification
- Project Management Certification
- Experience with PROLaunch / New Product Development
- Familiarization with CNC Equipment and machine guarding
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CDPAD Comml Distrib Prods Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time