Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Technical Support Engineer
The primary function is to provide technical support (pre-sales and/or after sales) and act as a primary point of contact on several channels: telephone, e-mail, web ticket, etc. for electrical product portfolio, in specific low voltage devices (such as MCB, MCCB, ACB, enclosures and accessories).
Responsible for interfacing with end customers, internal customers and sales organisations, but also with logistics, quality departement, product management, manufacturing and/or sales or service representative when necessary to handle a variety of pre-sales or post-sales technical support functions.
Provide assistance to sales functions across EMEA (and partially APAC and AMERICAS as well) and external customers in areas such as technical assistance, product or assortment specific questions, technical guidance, warranty, documentation, repair/calibration request and troubshooting.
The position would include assisting customers with product selection and application assistance via phone and email.
- Deliver service as the main point of customer contact for Electrical Products through a positive attitude, high availability, accuracy, and responsiveness.
- Answer requests from customers based on documentation and training offered.
- Act as a technical advisor for resolving customer challenges related to a given product, software, service lines via phone/email/webchat etc.
- Provide feedback to product marketing and engineering regarding catalog information, cross reference data, renewal parts information, technical drawings, and any other technical documentation found in hard copy, electronic format or on the website.
- Develop technical knowledge for internal and external customers and represent the company towards customers
- Actively contribute to the effective organization and daily delivery of all aspects of the technical support tasks through various resources - people, process and technology.
- Drive customer loyalty through quality of service, improved value and through a high performance culture. Contribute to secure customer satisfaction, reduce customer effort and achieve cycle time/cost improvements through team-based problem solving.
- Contribute to knowledge sharing sessions within and outside of team to adapt best practices at BSC Budapest.
· Bachelor’s degree (BS/BA) in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution (MSc is an advantage).
· Fluent English capabilities (any other European Language is a plus).
· At least 1,5 years of professional experience in Electrical Engineering sector.
· Understanding of low voltage electrical products and related applications.
· Knowledge of International and National Electrical Standards (IEC, CE, CSA, NEC, UL, NEMA, etc.).
· Good knowledge and understanding of the technical parameters of power distribution (cabinets, MCB, MCCB, ACB, relays, auxiliary contacts).
· Ability to interpret and read electrical drawings.
· Excellent Communication and Interpersonal Skills (Written and Verbal).
· Team player, happy to interact with multiple locations and cultures.
· Maintain positive customer relationships through active listening, prompt resolution of problems, and projecting a positive, professional attitude, problem solving skills, creativity.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: ES EMEA Region
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No