Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Vice President District Sales-Houston
- Market knowledge.
- Knowledge of electrical products and distribution channels
- Strategic planning and profit planning experience.
- Knowledge of sales techniques, customers, customer relations, and personnel development
- Strong professional presence and communication style.
- Experience of setting aggressive sales plans and achieving ambitious targets and stretch goals.
- Ability and demonstrated experience to identify existing and future growth market opportunities and tailor strategic sales plan and resources to maximize Eaton’s top-line and market share position.
- Ability to establish rigor, consistency, and a business cadence that drives the team forward and achieves results, even in times of challenging market conditions. Capability to synthesize information and leverage data-driven arguments to make and guide informed decisions.
- Strong customer orientation and focus. Ability to work with all levels of the customer organizations to sell and support products as well as to understand the customer’s current and future business needs
- Negotiation skills and expertise; ability to cope with ambiguity, and successfully resolve problems and manage conflict, navigating resistance and developing buy-in.
- Technical aptitude to understand and position solutions within the Utility segment.
- Ability to influence without authority, in a matrix environment.
- Experience and ability to assessing, selecting, developing, motivating, and energizing a diverse team in critical areas of sales planning, negotiation, and customer pursuit. Swiftly addresses performance issues.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of eight (7) years of experience in electrical sales.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in sales management positions.
- Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Engineering
- MBA degree
- Sales experience in the North American Investor Owned Utilities Market.
- Experience managing direct sales personnel
- Product line marketing and/or operational experience
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: NAS North American Sales
Job Level: Director
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time