Eaton located in Wilsonville, OR has a position opening for a Material Handler on 2nd shift.
The primary function of this position is to sort, distribute, supply and package materials.
- Observe good housekeeping and safety procedures and keep equipment, tools and work area clean and orderly through
daily completion of 5S duties, including daily review of storage racks/labels, etc.
- Adhere to all safety guidelines and procedures, as well as communicate any unusual conditions and potential safety
- Support plant’s Kaizen activities
- Participate in team tier meetings: review daily goals, interrupters, and metrics
- Ownership of incoming Advanced Purchase or application specific parts as well as Kanban material; ensure timely cycling and replenishment of materials, while maintaining accurate records of inventory
- Moving material throughout assigned product lines, as needed; efficiently sort and manage incoming materials to assist in expediting production: (ex-kitting). This will include daily, regular communication and collaboration with the Supervisor, line leads, and the supply chain team to ensure the proper placement/storage of material, and to confirm stock levels of purchased parts.
- Loading and unloading of incoming material trucks, as well as assisting with unloading of truck if requested
- Handling the disposal of pallets and crates efficiently while coordinating the proper disposal and recycling of material
- Emptying scrap bins into scrap containers, and assisting in managing scrap waste of metal and wire
- Participate in weekly GEMBA’s w/ Hardware supplier to ensure availability of material
- Work with Supply Chain team to store and manage excess and/or obsolete material per final dispositions
- Daily regular communication with line leads to project stock levels of parts required for upcoming jobs, including increasing and decreasing stock levels based on production needs
- Recognizing urgent requests from Supervisor and production employees with executing with immediate action and support upon receiving those requests
- Writing DMRs as necessary- responsible for evaluating and reporting damaged or inaccurately ordered incoming material
- Supporting material handling across other lines as necessary, based on production needs or absences and vacations
- Assist Receiving and Production teams, when needed, with loading and unloading trucks with outgoing finished goods
• High School Diploma/GED from an accredited institution is required
• 1 year of experience in a warehouse or material handling role in a manufacturing environment
• 1 year of experience operating a forklift
• Must be authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
• No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Wilsonville, OR will be considered
• 2 years of previous material handling experience is preferred
• Previous experience with Kanban
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No