Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Eaton’s Aerospace division is seeking a Quality Engineer in the Jackson, MI location.
Functionally responsible for designing, developing, coordinating and deploying work instructions/procedures and associated process controls for the assigned HPWT. Reviews customer/industry/internal specifications to ensure compliance with stated requirements. Provides technical support to operations, customers, and suppliers. Leads formal problem solving for internal and external customers.
- Completes Quality Engineering assignments with minimal supervision.
- Lead and/or provide technical advice and counsel to HPWT assigned to continuous improvement and problem solving.
- Develop pFMEAs and Control Plans per AIAG standard.
- Assure that product shipped meets internal and external customer requirements.
- Lead corrective action process using 8D, 5 Why, A3, and lean tools.
- Acts as an organizational contact for customer concerns and ensure appropriate corrective actions are deployed.
- Formulate and implement quality assurance procedures, policies, and standards. Ensure these documents align with the recognized Aerospace Quality System Standard as well as Eaton Objectives, Policies and Procedures.
- Perform MSA and process capability studies for key and significant characteristics.
- Communicate quality issues to front line leaders and factory personnel and lead root cause and permanent corrective action documentation.
- Direct the disposition and analysis of returned material and internal non-conforming product. Insure that actions around top pareto items are identified and completed.
- Bachelor degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 1 year of engineering or manufacturing experience
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation is being offered for the role. All candidates must live within 50 miles of Jackson, MI.
- Bachelor degree in mechanical, industrial, or aerospace engineering
- The ideal candidate would have 1-3 years of experience in a quality engineering role
- Knowledge of assembly operations, gauging, SPC, APQP, and quality assurance systems (ISO 9001, AS9100)
- Strong project and time management, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization, from production associates to the leadership team
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer (CQE), Certified Quality Auditor (CQA), or Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence (MOQ/OE) is preferred
- Knowledge of standard manufacturing process, metal forming, assembly/test in an Aerospace environment preferred
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time